Chapter Five

Edward dragged Onyx down to breakfast early, to find that Harry, Ron, and Ruby were already up. Harry and Ron had their heads together and were whispering, while Ruby was looking wistfully into the distance.

Onyx smirked as they walked up to them. "Missing your new puppy-wuppy, Rube?"

"Don't call me that," Ruby snapped, pulling herself out of her daydream.

Harry looked up from talking with Ron and whispered, "I have something to tell you two."

"We're listening," Edward said simply, sitting down next to him. Onyx sat between Ruby and Ron, looking curious.

"Remember how I said that me and Hagrid were in Gringotts on the same day when the vault was robbed?" Harry whispered.

"Whatever was in the vault is now under the trapdoor," Edward guessed at once.

Harry snorted, and Ron rolled his eyes. "That didn't take you long."

"Did Hagrid take whatever was in the vault?" Edward asked. Harry nodded. "What did it look like?"

"It was small, and wrapped in grubby paper," Harry answered. "I didn't think it was important."

"If something is made to look unimportant, it's usually not," Edward replied. He looked down at his plate, thinking hard.

"Don't disturb him," he heard Ron whisper to the three other first years. "When he's like this, he doesn't like to be interrupted."

"What are we not supposed to interrupt?" asked a familiar voice, and one Edward wanted to hear. He looked up to see the twins.

"Hey, Fred," Harry grinned. "Hey, George."

"Hey, Harry and Harry's friends," Fred smirked. Ron glared at him. "What are we not supposed to interrupt?"

"Nothing that will be interesting to you," Edward responded calmly. "Can I have a word?"

"Sure, Ed," George grinned.

Edward got up from the table, telling his friends he'd be right back, and lead the twins out of the Hall. He pulled them into a corridor nearby that rarely anyone used to get to breakfast.

"What's up, Slyth?" asked Fred.

"First of all, never call me that again," Edward told him coolly. "Secondly -- I need you to prank someone."

"Ah, the little Slytherin wants revenge," George said wisely.

"Who are we pranking?" Fred grinned, a little too eagerly.

"Draco Malfoy."

"The little git that calls us blood traitors," Fred said. "Glad too. When?"

"I don't care, as long as it's soon," Edward responded smoothly. "Make it big. The 'little git,' as you called him, needs to learn his lesson."

Fred and George suddenly looked wary, but they nodded.

Edward allowed a small smirk to play on his face as he stalked back to the Griffindor table.

After laughing at Edward's revenge idea, they went back to discussing the parcel Hagrid had removed from the wizarding bank. When more Griffindors started crowding the table, however, they moved to more cheerful and interesting topics (that could be talked about without getting tattled on).

The owls flew in as usual, and Edward noticed that there was a long, thin package being carried by four of the birds. To his surprise and pleasure, they landed in front of Harry. Soon after had they dropped the parcel on the table another owl dropped a paper on top of it. The five owls flew off again.