8

Millie's POV:

I'm in form talking to Missy about yesterday with Lauren and the whole 'going missing' thing.

"I didn't see you at my party, where you and Cory making out in my room or something?" Missy says, sarcastically.

"Ugh, well, after I gave you your card, I was going to the toilet and Jordan was stood at the bottom of the stairs. Then he grabbed my arm and put his arms around my neck and kissed me but Cory came and started staying stuff to him. Then he punched Cory and ran out your house so me and Cory decided to leave too."

"Bloody hell! How did I miss that?" She replies. "So then where did you go?"

"Well, we went to the park and Jordan came and said sorry. Then we went back to mine and Cory stayed over."

"He stayed over? So did you... you know... have... sex?" She says.

"I knew you were gonna ask that and yeah – yeah we did." I reply.

"Ooo, check you out Mill." She says. "You ain't preg"-...I cut her off before she could finish that sentence because I know exactly what she's about to say.

"No... no Missy – no I ain't pregnant."

-After school-

I get home from school and go upstairs into my room. I throw my uniform on the floor and put some jeans and a top on.  My phone vibrates at the side of me...

Messages:

Jordan Wilson: Meet me at park now

Me: Why?

Jordan Wilson: I just wanna talk

Me: Alright, I'm coming now

Seen

Jordan's POV:

I'm sat on the swing, waiting for Millie. The only reason I've asked her to meet me is because I like her, I really like her and I want to tell her without Cory being there. I turn around and see Millie walking towards me, she sits down on the swing next to me.

"So what do you want to talk about?" She asks. I don't have a clue what I'm going to say to her.

"I... erm... I..." I stutter.

"Just bloody tell me will ya." She says.

"I like you Millie, I really like you." I blurt out.

Cory's POV:

I'm on my way to the shop and I see Millie and Jordan sat on the swings at the park so I start walking over. Millie stands up and starts shouting at him. "You what? I'm with your brother for god sake Jordan!"

"What the hell are you doing bro?!" I shout, pushing him away from Millie.

"You can't stop how I feel about her!" Jordan shouts back.

"Can I not? Watch me!" I shout, running towards him. I start pushing him but Millie grabs me back.

"No – no you're not fighting over me! Jordan, will you please just leave me alone, I like you as a friend not as a boyfriend for god sake!" Millie shouts.

"Fine, I'm going home." He mutters back.

"Sorry about that." I say.

"Ah, it's fine." She replies.

"Wanna go back to mine?"

"Yeah, sure but if Jordan tries going near me then I'm going home."

Millie's POV:

We get to Cory's and walk into the living room. "Dad, can Millie stay for tea?"

"Yeah sure, I'm about to go to the chippy now." Kevin replies.

-10 minutes later-

Kevin gets back from the chippy and we sit down in the living room. We start eating our food and Kevin turns the TV on, it's this programme about a person called John Wayne – I don't have a clue who he is.

"You wanna know what's about life? John Wayne, you'll learn all of it off him." Kevin says, pointing at the TV. "There are some things in life, a man just can't run away from." He says in a weird accent. Me and Cory just look at each other then start laughing.