[ two ]

| the interview |

n e r v o u s

❝ n e r v o u s ❞

Stepping out of the helicopter, Celeste can't help but to be intimidated by the large, heavily guarded facility hidden amongst the mountain range. Despite being on the roof, countless people are running around, barely sparing her a glance as Clint leads her to the elevator.

The doors open, revealing an agent smiling kindly towards her, his name tag revealing him as Phil Coulson; agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Miss Wilson," he greets, outstretching his hand for a handshake. "Agent Barton speaks highly of you."

"I'm sure he's had plenty to say," she replies, returning his smile and standing next to him as Clint takes to her other side, pushing the button that leads to the third floor. "I'm excited to be here."

"We're excited to have you," he says, clasping his hands together. "Now, if you don't mind, I'd like to ask a few questions about your abilities before Agent Barton gives you a tour."

Silence falls upon the trio as the elevator comes to a stop and the doors open once more, revealing a long hallway with many closed doors. Phil steps out, though Celeste doesn't move.

"I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about."

This may be more difficult than I anticipated. I should tread carefully.

"Unless you're accusing Agent Barton of lying, I'm quite positive you know exactly what I'm talking about," he argues politely, gesturing for her to follow. "I assure you we merely want to understand your abilities better. There will be no experiments or anything of the sort without your consent, if that's what you're worried about."

Celeste hesitates and glances at Clint, who nods in encouragement. Shoving all doubts aside, she steps off the elevator, allowing Phil to lead the way - only to immediately stop when a third set of footsteps don't follow.

"Aren't you coming?" She questions the archer, who is busy examining the panel of elevator buttons.

"I've got to check on something," he admits as he presses a button. "But you're in good hands, I promise."

The doors close, leaving no room for argument. She and Phil continue down the hallway, entering an empty meeting room with several files strewn across the mahogany table.

Sinking into one of the cushioned rolling chairs, Celeste reaches for the closest file, noticing her name printed in bold ink across the top. Inside is countless facts about her; including her birthdate, her immediate family, and each location she's visited in the last six months.

Phil clears his throat, grabbing a pen and file before glancing at her.

"Are you ready to get started?" Celeste merely nods, earning a small smile from the agent. "Great. According to Agent Barton and some other resources, you have the ability to both, telaport and read people's minds. Is that correct?"