[ four ]

| his plans |

s m o o t h i e s

❝ s m o o t h i e s ❞

"How desperate are you, that you call on such lost creatures to defend you?"

Celeste sits next to Natasha in the bridge area, sipping on her second smoothie of the hour. Both women are still in their suits, not yet having been able to find the time to change out of them.

The latest recruit, who's name she learned to be Thor, paces the room as Steve and Bruce stand nearby. It's silent between everyone as they all listen intently to the conversation playing out between Loki and Nick over the monitor on the glass table.

Loki stands in a large, cylindrical glass cage, a smirk on his face as he speaks, despite being detained.

"How desperate am I?" Nick asks incredulously, stepping closer to the glass. "You threaten my world with war, you steal a force you can’t hope to control, you talk about peace and you kill ’cause it’s fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did."

"Ooh. It burns you to have come so close, to have the Tesseract, to have power- unlimited power, and for what?" The god taunts. "A warm light for all mankind to share? And then to be reminded what real power is."

Nick grins. "Well, let me know if 'real power' wants a magazine or something."

"He really grows on you," Bruce jokes as the monitors shut off. "Doesn't he?"

"Loki's gonna drag this out," Steve comments. "So, Thor, what's his play?"

"He has an army called the Chitauri. They’re not of Asgard nor any world known," Thor informs them. "He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the Earth, in return, I suspect, for the Tesseract."

"An army?" Steve raises an eyebrow. "From outer space?"

"So, he's building a portal," Bruce deduces. "That's what he needs Erik Selvig for."

"Selvig?" Thor asks.

"He's an astrophysicist."

"He's a friend."

"Loki has them under some kind of spell," Natasha states. "Along with one of ours."

"I wanna know why Loki let us take him," Steve adds. "He’s not leading an army from here."

"I don’t think we should be focusing on Loki," Bruce says. "That guy’s brain is a bag full of cats, you can small crazy on him."

"Have care how you speak," Thor interjects, his tone threatening. "Loki is beyond reason but he is of Asgard, and he is my brother."