[ seven ]

| the avengers |

t e a m

❝ t e a m ❞

"I miss out on all of the fun stuff," Celeste complains under her breath, sliding into her suit as fast as her limbs will allow her to. Luckily, a S.H.I.E.L.D agent had been able to find her fascine knife while she wa gone, which slightly brightened her upset mood. "I leave for one night and people decide to start stealing government property. But does anyone wait until I get back? Or ask if I want-"

"If you're done with your pity party," Nick's voice booms over an intercom in the room, startling the woman so badly she stumbles and falls to the ground. "I suggest you get to the fight before it ends without you."

"I'm going," she groans, rubbing her lower back as she stands back up. "I'm going."

Tucking her necklace underneath her suit and securing her earpiece, Celeste closes her eyes and focuses on their aircraft Nick informed her half of the team took off on.

The quiet glide of the helicarrier is replaced with the unsteadiness of a manually flown quinjet and someone's rather undignified shriek.

"What the fuck is that about, Cap?"

"You, um-" Steve clears his throat, forcing his voice to return to it's normal pitch. "You scared me."

"Took you long enough," Clint calls out from where he and Natasha sit in the cockpit, not taking his eyes away from the window as he continues to pilot. "I was beginning to think we'd have to start the party without you."

Celeste laughs, a sarcastic comment prepared to leave her lips as she walks towards the duo, only for it to disappear along with her smile as she takes in the chaotic scene playing out in the middle of New York.

She watches in horror as countless monsters and aliens, a species Thor referred to as the Chitauri, overtake the skies and streets of New York. Hundreds more continue to pour from the portal opened above Stark Tower, leaving a not very pleasant feeling in the pit of her stomach. Mixed in with all of it are frightened citizens hurrying for cover, their panicked shouts nearly drowning out the quinjet's loud engines.

On the landing pad of the tower, Thor can be seen arguing with Loki, who fires his scepter in retaliation.

"Tony was supposed to be threatening Loki," Clint explains. "But it looks like Thor has it covered."

"Stark," Natasha speaks into her earpiece, her voice resonating through everyone's. "We're on a three heading northeast."

"What, did you stop for drive-thru?" He retorts. "Swing through that park. I'm gonna lay them out for you."

There's a flash or red and gold as IronMan flies past the quinjet as fast as he can, a group of Chitauri trailing hot on his heels. Natasha presses several buttons, releasing the cannon guns and firing relentlessly.