10. you heard me

Louis

"Did you finish the worksheet for bio?" Harry asked as he swung his legs back and forth off the edge of the deck in my backyard.

"No. I forgot about it until just now, you?"

"I was going to copy yours," he giggled.

"Oi, you can't rely on me and you know it!" I said as I hit his arm lightly.

We were only halfway through the first week of school and the pair of us was already behind on so much homework. We'd been spending all our spare time together, which didn't bode well when it came to getting things done.

A few birds landed on my bird feeder and we watched peacefully as they pecked at the seeds. I leaned back on my hands and glanced towards my boyfriend. He was wearing a dark blue button-up shirt, but only the bottom three buttons were closed. He leaned forward to rest his elbows on his legs and his shirt fell open to reveal his chest. My breath caught in my throat as I stared at his bare skin.

"What?" he asked. When he turned his focus to me, I had no idea.

"Y-your um . . . shirt . . ."

"Do you not like it?" He frowned as he looked down. "I thought it was cute. Sean told me it was girly earlier but I like it so I figured it didn't matter what he thought. Besides, he was wearing a lame-ass black t-shirt. It's like, have some uniqueness, Sean. But if you don't like it, then I guess-"

"Harry," I interrupted. He stopped and looked up at me once more. "Rambling, again."

"Oh, whoops. Sorry. But do you really not like it?"

"When did I say I didn't like it?" I asked, a smile breaking out on my face. He was the absolute cutest.

"Well you were about to say something about it so-"

"Yeah I was going to say that it's hanging completely open and I can see your whole body and it's really hot," I stated blankly, raising my eyebrows at him. His cheeks flushed and he crossed his arms over his chest to cover himself up.

"Oh," he said quietly, looking down at his feet with a tiny grin on his face. His eyes shifted around, and I could see the gears turning inside his head. I wondered what it was that he was thinking.

"Harry, what's-"

Suddenly he turned towards me and placed his lips on mine swiftly. I kissed back right away, however somewhat taken aback. He put one hand on the back of my neck and pulled me in harder, his tongue slipping into my mouth with ease. I put a hand on his thigh to stabilize myself as the other one went to his hair. I tugged on his curls eliciting a small groan from him. His hands ran down my back and then slid under my shirt squeezing my sides causing chills to go up my spine. As I leaned further into him my hand slid up his thigh and came dangerously close to his crotch.

"Louis," he whispered against my lips. "Can we . . . um . . ."

I pulled away sharply and gave him a questioning look. "Really?" Of course I knew what he meant, but I wasn't sure if he actually meant it.

"Yes." His expression was serious as he looked directly into my eyes. "Really."

I tried to catch my breath. "Are you s-"