N I N E T E E N

Tsu'tey led me deeper into the cave. It was dark at first, but soon small glowing plants popped up on the wall. Then, that's all there was. A divine assortment of glowing plants and flowers, in all the colors you could think of, lined the caves walls.

Tsu'tey led me to a wall and through a side of vines. He moved them and I stepped in. It was beautiful. Hanging from the ceiling were things like glow worms back on Earth. They didn't sway, and only hung, pulsing and glowing.

I reached out and grabbed one swishing it around. It hit others and then they hit others, and all of them began moving.

I began laughing. I could feel Tsu'tey watching me, but I was too busy playing dominoes with the vines.

**Tsu'tey pov (oOoOOoO) **

I watched Iris. She was so childish... Yet so beautiful. I have given up on simmering these thoughts. Ever since I blurted out that I'd choose her, I've been groaning and moaning while she was gone.

In truth, I could never really love Neytiri. I'm glad Jake does, though. When he came back as Toruk Makto, I was worried. Neytiri was still my best friend, but no, I knew she could handle herself. I worried about the loving look in Iris's eyes as she viewed her dreamwalker companion.

Today was the day. I was gonna ask her to be mine. Maybe. I am a warrior, why is this so worrying? It was easier when everyone already knew I'd mate to Neytiri. But me choosing Iris was hard.

Of course, because of the elders, everyone already thinks we're perfect. I mean, I wouldn't mind running away after this war and spending the rest of my life with her.

She turns to me, the most stunning smile on her face and shine in her eyes, and the most noticeable purple tint on her cheeks. I feel my cheeks heat up as well, and pull her ahead. Hopefully she'll like this.

There is a small pond, with these glowing fish, which go unnamed. They're so rare, they're not spoken of. They're never mentioned as part of the wildlife. She gasps, because she's never seen one before.

She dips her hand in, and glowing waves swish around where ever hand trails through the water. I am Olo'Eytukan, I should be at the Tree of Souls. But this woman had my heart wrapped in her hands. She tugged me through the water with her as she chased the creatures.

I always told myself I'd never be a Na'vi based on emotions. Not after Sylwanin died. I made myself swear. But this girl... Her dire importance. Eywa has given her to me somehow. She is destined to save our clan, however, and that may be fatal for her, if not both of us.

But, if it helps my case, I will propose my love to her. Maybe she will accept. I would be so happy then. Maybe I'd be finally free from this hole I've dug. From these walls I've built...

"Iris," I said, uncertain and anxious. She looked up, pulling her hands from the water. Glowing droplets fell, and dotted the cavern floor.

"I have to ask you something."

Her eyes went wide and she stood with me. I took in a large breath. It was, at this point useless. I was still anxious when I released that air.

"Yes, Tsu'tey?"

"Iris, will you be my mate?"

A pause. A moment of unreadable silence. I became worried. I knew it. I began to doubt myself. But then she smiled.

She gave me this beautiful, starstruck, heart breaker smile. It made me smile too.

"Of course you big dummy!"

I laugh and swooped her up, and swung her around. I was happy. Real happiness, not that fleeting moment of an emotion in between, but real happiness. She squealed in delight.

"Iris, we both know we must go back now, but as soon as this is over, as soon as we're back, I'll make you mine," I promised, and she pulled me in.

The few moments our lips touched, I felt like stars, all the ones from the unknown beyond the sky, had just filled me and exploded. Like human made metal scraping, sparks flew across my head and down my spine and gave me a feeling I could only describe as love. Deep, beautiful, love, which I knew in my heart would last forever.

"Come, let us go back a me help you our people."

"Yes, my love, let us," I replied, and picked her up. She squealed and we ran, side by side, out of the cave. She threw herself into the back of Ryder, and I mounted Maktos. We both leapt into the sky, her heavy beast pulling below mine. As we neared the tree, we saw Jake and Neytiri. Jake.... Iris saw him too. He had this look.

The sky was dark. He sat at the tree's edge, his queue connected to a few vines. We landed and Neytiri led me to Mo'at. I hissed and tried to go to Iris, but I saw it. The tears. Jake had his hair shaved, and war paint was plasterer across his body.

"Let them mourn their lost ones, and prepare in their own way, for they will fight their old people," Neytiri said, and the fact hit me. Iris and Jake were about to fight the one thing that connected them to their God. To their old lives. To their past and ancestors. They were about to sever it completely.

Iris's pov

"Jake," I said, sitting beside him. He just looked at me and nodded, then looked back at the tree. This would be a long night. . .

+_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_+

OKAY SO TELL ME WHY THE AVATAR SCRIPT CALLS IT THE WELL OF SOULS, BUT ERRBODY ELSE CALLS IT THE TREE OF SOULS????? SRSLY, COME ON. AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO READS THE SCRIPT?!

Jk. I was rlly bored and decided to check it out, and saw it was actually called the Well of Souls, not the Tree of Souls. It's Na'vi name is Vitraya Ramunong. Fun fact, isn't it?