Chapter 3: The Eye of the Beholder

Bakugou: "I'm fuckin' what?"

Principal: "You're expelled. In light of new information, it has been discovered that you have attacked a student with your quirk on multiple occasions. In light of school policy, your teacher has been fired for failure to report the incidents, and you are expelled."

Bakugou: "And why does my attacking the quirkless shitstain matter? He's quirkless! He'll never amount to anything!"

Principal: "So the quirkless will never amount to anything, and should be used as punching bags?"

Bakugou: "YES!"

Principal: "Then go on, attack me. You say that the quirkless should be mere punching bags for the quirked, yet you have one right in front of you and you're doing nothing."

Bakugou: "WHAT?!"

The principal grabbed Bakugou's wrist and held the attached hand at his neck.

Principal: "C'mon, do it! DO IT BAKUGOU! PERFORM WHAT YOU PREACH, MOTHER FUCKER!"

Bakugou: "Do you have a death wish, or does the author just want to make me look like an ass?"

A green wormhole opened up right next to him, and a piece of paper fell out.

Bakugou: "What's this? Let's see... all amounts in USD... Bill for fourth wall break? 500 USD?! I was joking!"

???: "DUE ON MONDAY!"

*BEEP*

Izuku POV

School should be interesting today. I received an email from the principal that my accusations were proven true and, in response, Bakugou has been expelled. Good luck getting into UA now, bitch.

Anyway, as I was walking into school, I heard even more insults than usual.

Boy: "Quirkless, huh? This place is going downhill fast."

Izuku: "Clearly. You're still here, aren't ya?"

Girl: "Ugh, quirkless. I can't even look at you."

Izuku: "Feeling's mutual."

Other boy: "Go back to the slums, quirkless."

Izuku: "Make me."

Another unfortunate fact of life nowadays is that most employers would rather hire people with a quirk detrimental to the job that they are hiring for then a quirkless person for the simple fact that they are quirkless. No one can change this via law, because Japan has begun refusing to let the quirkless vote, and what kind of quirked would want a quirkless person in power? It was the same old story, same old song and dance as the old Jim Crow laws from the 1960's American South, but with genetic ability rather than skin color.

This doesn't mean that they all lived in the slums, but even those sitting on a large family fortune that was passed down since everyone was quirkless still fled the country to the United States, primarily Ohio for how affordable it is. Those that weren't in the slums or the US were the ones lucky enough to get basic jobs, such as factory work. Izuku was hoping to change that.

TIMESKIP brought to you by Izuku reading a book labeled 'JoJo's Bizarre Adventure'

Izuku was a man of questionable morals. Having society look down upon you and being desperate for any kind of respite can lead a man to do things others would call... questionable.

Izuku: "Alright, thank you for... volunteering for this experiment. If you would please step in the circle."

Izuku had purchased a person on the black market after learning about human transmutation. He was hoping to use the raw materials and the man's soul to exchange for a new body for his mother and her soul. He didn't use anyone innocent, of course, he made sure the person had a criminal record, as high as it got in that particular market. This particular man had just been found 'innocent' of three counts of murder, but considering the prosecutor and judge both had significantly larger bank accounts, it wasn't hard to figure out what happened.

Man: "Look, I swear I didn't mean to kill them!"

Izuku: "Well, a lot of good that did you. In fact, I'm not sure if trading your soul for the person I'm trying to back's will violate equivalent exchange or not. Now, get in the circle."

Man: "Please, I have a lot of money..."

Izuku: "Money has a 0% chance of bringing my mother back. This has a 2%. I'll take my chances. You certainly took yours."

Izuku put the remaining materials for the transmutation into the circle, ignoring the man's pleas. When he was finished, he put his hands on the circle and put his energy into it. Suddenly, a large eye the size of the circle opened up and swallowed the man and him whole! It wasn't entirely obvious what was going on, but he was being held by a bunch of tendrils going past what appeared to be film reel playing... his memories! Before he could process anything else, however, he was suddenly in a white void with nothing but a door behind him with lightning, fire, and explosions engraved on it, and a white, featureless, humanoid being in front of him.

Izuku: "So, how does this work? Do you talk first, do I talk first, or?"

Figure: "So, you tried tapping into the forbidden ritual, thinking you could sacrifice the soul of a killer for the soul of your mother, correct?"

Izuku: "Ya, sounds stupid now that you say it out loud..."

Figure: "Oh no, quite the opposite, Mr. Midoriya. You have willingly crossed a border no one else was willing to to achieve your goals, and not even for entirely your own gain! In fact, in light of this, the only price I will take for this visit is the soul of that murderer. Don't worry, he's going straight downstairs."

Izuku: "So wait, are you god or something?"

Figure: "I don't know. It all comes down to what you worship. For example, I am neither Allah, nor Jesus, nor YHWH. I am neither mortal nor immortal. I am simply what people seek. No matter what I am, it is time for you to return. Your alchemy will be slightly stronger and you will no longer need transmutation circles as you body is now an alchemic array."

Izuku woke up back in his alchemic lab, pondering what he had just learned.

Izuku: "So there is no way to bring people back, but there is a way to use the souls of the wicked to become more powerful to help more innocent people. This should be interesting."