CHAPTER 2

We finally arrive at the hospital, and cant seem to get myself to move out of the taxi for a second, scared to go in there. The mere thought of it even being remotely true scared the shit out of me. It can't be true, it can't be, was probably a mistake, right? Right.

"Thanks," I finally mumble, I can do this. The taxi driver says something but I am already out the taxi, barely shutting the door to the backseat and can't seem to process what it he had said before I had rushed out the taxi.

Brisk walking to the receptionist desk, I didn't miss the solemn aura this place gave. I tell the red head that I'm a Woodville, and I am here to see my family.

"Room 110 on the second floor for Mr. Woodville and for Liam Woodville, go to the Intensive care unit." She responds curtly.

"What about Maria and Christiana Woodville?" I ask, already scared to hear the answer.

Immediately I see the pity in her eyes and her brows crease like she was having an internal battle, I know what is coming next.

"I'm sorry, they didn't make it." She says monotonously, adding a barely present smile that is supposed to be comforting but has the exact opposite effect. How many times has she had to say that? To squash what little hope families of patients have?

I try to hold back the tears just like I have been doing since I saw the news, but this? This is too much. I can't stop them anymore, I let the sting  at the corner of my eyes birth tears. I let myself slip down the front of the desk. I let myself drown in the tears.

Mom is gone and she is not coming back, without a single warning. I wasn't even given the chance to say goodbye, or get a moment with her, just to see her breath and make her smile one last time. Couldn't death have at least spared little Christiana? I mean come on! She has barely lived.

"Sorry miss but you cannot sit there," I don't respond, my head aches right now and her banshee-like voice is making it worse.

"This is a public place, other patient's relatives need my assistance and that spot," I hear her say again but it all sounds like a mess to me and I just keep sobbing till it becomes painful to open my eyes.

"Miss I'm sorry but really you have to get up or I might have to call security,"

I feel like pouring all my frustration on her just to get her to shut the fuck up but I doubt my voice would help me out. I mean I can't exactly blame her, I am sitting right at the front of the now present line so it's perfectly logical to want me to leave. Bitch.

I slowly drag myself up and try to suck it up the best I could. Yeah right! Harder than it sounds, it's not possible to just suck it up when someone who meant everything to you just dies. Heartless fucking bitch.

I eventually succeed in dragging myself from the floor and head to the elevator and in a few seconds find myself standing on the second floor. I am hesitant though, I don't think I can handle any more bad news.

I stand in the grey covered hallway for minutes trying to gather enough courage to keep going. I eventually do and try to locate the room number 110, even with the tears still blocking my vision.

I see dad there with all sorts of machines around him and I just can't imagine the amount of pain he is going through. I can't bare to see him this way, he doesn't deserve this.
I just keep peering through the glass, my 'courage' wasn't enough to enter that room. I begin walking backwards till I am far enough not to choke on the waves of sadness coming at me from seeing such a good person in such pain.

Liam!

I ask the nurse that passes by for directions to the ICU. I watch my dad for a few more minutes and I'm glad to see he is breathing at least, even though it looks labored. There is still hope.