CHAPTER 16

Dedicated to DesignedUp for the amazing new cover!

“Hahahahah!” why is she laughing? “Oh my God!  Woah! Now I remember why I took an instant liking to you! You’re hilarious! Super-” she bursts into laughter again like I’ve said the funniest thing in the world.

“Whoa, I really needed that, I suddenly feel so relaxed, thanks Gaby” She says still chuckling a little.

“I am serious Aunt M” I tell her trying to make sure I have the most serious expression on.

“Sure…” she drawls mocking me.

“Serious! I have no proof but I am telling you the truth, this is serious!” I stress out fixing my lips in a tight line.

“Pwoof of whoaf” Lena saunters in just then with her cheeks looking like a chipmunk’s and her ‘attempt’ to talk makes it look hilarious but I have to act ‘serious’ right now.

“The supernatural shit” I throw at her not really caring to reply properly.

“She won’t believe you, I tried telling her the morning before we were to meet Iris” she finally finishes chewing and takes a seat on the black couch across from Aunt Meg and I.

I look at Aunt Meg shocked, “really? I know it is hard to believe but still…”

“Look, you both sound serious and all, well as serious as Lena can get”

“Gee, thanks mum” she spits sarcastically with an eyeroll.

“But, how do you really expect me to believe that you both are supernatural, I mean doesn’t one of your parents have to be a supernatural for you to be one? Well hey!  Jaxson wasn’t and I sure as hell am not so Lena can't be!” she starts to get up.

“That doesn’t me-“

“Look, if this is just to get permission to stay out late or miss some classes, you have it, but you coming up with this, this, nonsense! I’m going to bed” she wears her flip flops and moves to go upstairs. We could have stopped her but none of us makes a move to. At least we got permission, sort of.

Lena and I silently decide not to bother with it. We eat to our satisfaction and binge watch movies from our list of movies to watch till I feel myself dozing off.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

“Haaaaaa” I stretch till I feel all my bones are in place. Sleeping on the couch has gradually become a habit for both of us since we came to live here.

I tap Lena till she gets up, I leave her to stretch as much as she wants while I head upstairs to take a shower. I check Aunt Meg’s room which was the first room on the left side of the staircase but she isn’t in and her bed is made. She obviously went to work early. I close the door behind me and head to my room which is just adjacent to Lena’s room.

I lazily grab a towel on my way to the bathroom. I poured some bath salt and bath soap into the white, marble tub and keep the overhead shower running to fill up the tub while I brush my teeth.

I finish brushing and step into the now bubble filled bath, I can never get tired of this. I slide in spreading my arms and stay that way for minutes. I wish I could live here. I sponge my body and unclog the plug to let the water out and turn on the shower to rinse my now soapy body.

I step out of the shower, one leg at a time and wrapped the towel which I placed on the hanger just few steps from the tub. I go out and walk into my walk in closet which is just on the left to my bathroom, take the first clothes my hands touch and heading back out to my room. I quickly put on the snake print, long sleeved crop top and a matching skirt paired with my black gladiators. Nothing can take its place in my heart.