❣ It was Only You [2] ❣

I ran towards the bed in a hurry to grab my handbag, to take my phone out so that I can call Aditya right away and give him the news. I wanted to ask him to meet me. Abbu might find my behaviour strange, silly and what not if he gets to know that I'm calling Aditya to meet me since I'm confused with his announcement today but this isn't the time to argue. I know that he's my Abbu and I respect him and his decision but my friendship with Aditya is at stake and I can't let anything to become a hindrance between us.

Once I reached into my bag and fished out my phone, I checked the contacts, clicked on Aditya's number and kept the phone to my ear. When I heard rings I sat on my bed, eagerly waiting for him to pick my call. Rings went on for quite some time but Aditya didn't answer my call. It felt odd. He's someone who would pick my call within the first five to ten rings so I think I've a reason to question him.

I tried his number three more times to get no reply. With the sudden urge to throw my phone away since nothing seems to be in my favor since morning, I got up from my bed and walked near the window taking long strides. I was almost going to throw my phone out of the window and I stopped when realization hit my mind.

What am I trying to do? Throw my phone away because Aditya didn't pick my calls? Why am I behaving so strange? He has his own life and he's thinking of joining as a Pilot again and I should give him space to think about himself. Just because I'm in a mess doesn't mean that Aditya should stay near his phone 24/7 to talk to me.

Slowly I walked back towards the bed, threw the phone and lie down with both my hands covering my face. I still can't cope up with the fact that one week from today onward I wouldn't be in this house, in this room, basically in Mumbai. If Aditya isn't there when I want to talk with him, what am I supposed to do? He's my azeez dost and I need him by my side.

With weird thoughts running inside my head i remembered that I need to inform the AdiYa staff about this issue. They might feel astonished but then again I'm not the sole owner of my event management company since Aditya is also there. He'll handle the situation since he knows how to think practically more than I. That's why getting up in a hurry and grabbing a purple coloured kurta top and a pair of jeans, I immediately ran towards the wash room to get ready.

.. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..

As I reached downstairs, I noticed ammi cleaning the TV with a duster. I walked near her and tapped her shoulder to which she turned and gave me a thin grin.

"Ammi, I'm going to AdiYa to inform the staff that I'm leaving the company. I'll buy lunch on my way don't worry. See you in the evening"

As I was walking past ammi she held my left hand immediately. I turned to look at her face which showed expressions that I couldn't read.

"Zoya, why don't you wait for five more minutes? I'll prepare something so that you can eat and then leave"

"No ammi, the staff will have to wait and I've to also ditch traffic to reach the office. I'll buy some sandwiches on my way I promise, alright?"

I gave ammi a tiny smile and was at the door when she called my name. I stopped on my way before stepping outside the house but didn't turn around.

"Zoya beta, aap teek toh haina?"

I didn't know what kind of an answer was ammi expecting and whether to be honest or lie to her. I didn't feel excited about going back to Mussoorie instead confused whether I took the correct decision by silently agreeing with Abbu. So I told ammi what I felt.

"Hum sach me nahi jaante hai ammi. Khuda hafiz"

Saying that I was gone.

.. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..

I was at AdiYa within an hour after having lunch on my way as promised to ammi. I decided to get down from a Cafe and eat few sandwiches and have some Black Coffee rather than rushing towards the office, eating on my way since I made two to three calls while driving for the staff to be there and it'll obviously take some time for them to reach in this traffic. Once I was done eating, I drove towards AdiYa.

As I reached my destination, I walked inside the office to find the staff staring at me, seated on their chairs with blank expressions. I could understand they might've gotten surprised that I called for a meeting on a Saturday afternoon.

I strolled towards them taking slow paces, looking at the floor since I couldn't figure out how to break the news. I started speaking looking at them.

"I know you might be thinking why I called you on a weekend suddenly. But I didn't want to hold this up for long. I have a special announcement to make. This decision is my Abbu's and I couldn't argue with him. I'm shifting to Mussoorie this weekend and will no longer be a part of AdiYa"

I could see each member of the staff ogling me in surprise. Akanksha almost broke in to tears then and there and Mona walked towards me with a sympathetic smile.

"I don't want to leave Mumbai or AdiYa but Abbu's decision is that I should start a new Event Management company in Mussoorie. Mithileshji, Akanksha and Shaun? You can work with me if you like once the new company is registered since you're residing from cities near Mussoorie. Anyway Aditya is the Co-Owner of AdiYa, so the decision to continue with work here as usual or sell this place lies with him. Unfortunately he was busy when I contacted him. I'll let him know everything and ask him to call a meeting, alright?"

Everyone from AdiYa staff congratulated me for my future and I thanked them. I got blessings from Mithileshji for a happiness filled life but only if Aditya answered my calls when I tried his number I would've been glad if not happy! I would've been happy if he just picked my call and then both of us would've been here. I would've been happy if he said he'll convince Abbu to not leave Mumbai. I would've been happy if he asked me to trust him to turn everything back to normal. But he isn't here in the first place.

Shaun, Akanksha and Mithileshji promised me to come and work for my new company that I would be opening in Mussoorie since they preferred coming to work from home instead of staying in Mumbai. After talking to everyone when I turned to go home, I took out my phone to check whether I had any calls or messages from Aditya. But no! Not even a message and it's been more than three hours. Where exactly is Aditya? I waved everyone goodbye and ran towards my car expecting to meet Aditya by hook or crook.

.. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..

I drove as fast as I could with the traffic I had to deal with in this sunny afternoon and arrived at the Hooda Mansion an hour later and parked out front in their garden. Within seconds I found myself ringing the Hooda Mansion doorbell nonstop. If Aditya can't answer my calls or reply back, I should end this matter by meeting him myself. I heard footsteps coming towards the door and prayed that it better be Aditya though I met face to face with Aditya's mom Anjana Hooda when the door opened, her smile turning into a stern expression seeing me in front of her.

♛ Sewwi ♛