❣ It was Only You [14] ❣

Zoya felt herself shivering with Aditya touching skin to skin with her and she inhaled a sharp breath absentmindedly. She slowly wrapped her arms even more tightly around Aditya's torso as if she didn't want to let go of him from her life ever, as if her entire existence depended upon him and without him, she had no identity.

The unusual feelings were new to Zoya but she felt protected with Aditya being there for her, as if a strong pillar. She placed her face close touching his shoulders and her lips touched the back of Aditya's right ear in a feather-like move without her consciousness which made his body jolt suddenly.

Aditya was unable to come out of the surprise he received out of nowhere when Zoya sought his warmth, hugging him. He knew that he has committed a mistake by breaking Zoya's trust on his friendship towards her, his commitment and he deserved the righteous punishment thus Aditya decided to let go of everything.

He slowly touched Zoya's tiny hands that were clutching him and released her finger tips from his torso closing his eyes, letting more tears flow down his cheeks with agony rising with each second in his heart. No, he can't lose strength in front of Zoya and show her that he doesn't want her to leave! I don't want Zoya to get hurt anymore because she deserved happiness in her life and she has to get herself together and move to Mussoorie to start her life afresh, without him.

Zoya moved a little away from Aditya, quite surprised at his actions and gulped down a knot of nervousness knowing very well what might be coming her way.

"Mere bina apne aapko sambhal ne ki aadat daal lo Zoya, kamzor mat padhna. Maine bataya thaana, tum nazuk ho, kamzor nahi? Nahi toh mujhe bhi tumhari aadat padh jaayegi. Apna khayal rakhna, goodbye..."

Aditya hissed out in a voice that was barely audible but loud enough to reach Zoya's ears which made a shiver run through her spine. She felt herself breaking in to a million pieces with Aditya's unanticipated adieu. Her hands were taken away from him and Aditya left her hands midair looking at his feet that were no longer supporting him to hold himself.

Zoya on the other hand was desperately waiting for Aditya to stop her. She wasn't ready to walk away from the person who made her alive again, who made a second life for her, who made her realize that life doesn't stop for anyone no matter whatever the obstacles one has to face. Zoya slowly took back few steps and looked at Aditya who hasn't thought of facing her yet. She felt heart broken at his odd behaviour with her.

Zoya slowly muttered.

"Aap humse do.. door jaana chahthe hai toh jaiye A.. Aditya, hum aapko nahi rokhenge. Par e.. ek... ek baar hum.. hume aapko gal.. gale lagaa ne ki ij.. ijaazat dijiye please Adi... Aditya. Is baar hume mat rokhiye, hume si.. sirf ek baar aapki hone ka eh.. ehsaas mehsoos karne deejiye, ple.. please..."

Aditya clenched his fists tightly on his sides with Zoya's soft voice ringing inside his head, bit his lower lip with his teeth sharply and let the rain water wash away his fears and walked ahead at a slow pace, ignoring Zoya and her request completely. He couldn't take the pain anymore and if he waited with bated breath for Zoya to hug him, he won't be able to let her go and that shouldn't happen at any cost. Aditya felt the wise thing to do was walk away from his problem at the moment and to cope up with the loss of Zoya's presence in his life from hereafter, he'll have to decide that later.

Zoya was staring dumbstruck at Aditya's retreating figure. Why is Aditya walking away? He was never like this, he has never left me alone when I had to face a difficult situation, then why today? Zoya couldn't control her anger anymore and she screamed aloud.

"Aditya.....!!!!!"

Aditya abruptly came to a halt in his strides and without thinking anything further, turned around to see the love of his life weeping miserably looking at him with pleading eyes. He tilted his head to his right with melancholy and straightened his hands forward slowly, letting Zoya know that he was ready to pamper her, give warmth to her, show her she's forever protected with his shade for a one last time.