❣ It was Only You [13] ❣

"Jab main tumse bepannaah pyaar karsaktha hoon toh tum mujhe pyaar kyun nahi karsakthi Zoya? Isme surprise hone waali baat kya hai damn it!"

Zoya stood completely petrified realizing what Aditya just said amidst the noise of the huge rain along with thundering and lightening brightening up the sky every now and then, announcing of a huge storm that is about to hit their lives. She had never witnessed this face of Aditya where he would be possessive about his feelings for her. To hell with this side of him, she never had imagined the guy whom she considered as her sabse azeez dost would tell her that he loves her.

She backed off two steps, bewilderment on her face while her legs barely held her grip on the ground. So everyone was correct in judging Aditya, observing his ways clearly. Am I the only fool here? Zoya was trying to puzzle out the situation she was facing with her best friend who had just professed his love for her unknowingly.

At the same time Aditya, who had gotten tensed and upset with Zoya's words about how they can't even think of being in a romantic relationship with each other as if it was a grave sin just registered in his mind what his uncontrollable self blurted out. His mouth dropped open with his senses starting to work and he started stumbling trying to accept the fact that he had just admitted to his true feelings for Zoya, which was shocking for himself too as he himself wasn't aware of it genuinely. He slowly ran his hand through his silk and wet hair feeling guilty, looking everywhere but at her face.

S***! How can I be so stupid? What might Zoya be thinking of me now? I could've controlled myself from talking about my feelings for her but then again why does she feel we can never fall in love with each other? What's wrong in that? Thousands of questions clouded Aditya's mind with no answers to be found and slowly he lifted his head to look at Zoya's face to see whether she's pissed off with him.

Zoya was stunned as much as he was but he could relate to the inner turmoil she might be facing with his abrupt acknowledgement and he decided to confront her before she could react in a way that might hurt the both of them at a crucial situation like this when Zoya's life was hanging from a thread literally.

"Um... tum te.. teek ho?"

Zoya gave him no reply and just kept staring at his face as if she didn't know what else to do at that particular moment. Aditya was confused to the core trying to read Zoya's face to understand her and decided to hit it off.

"Ha Zoya, hogayi hai. Beshumar, beyhadh, bepannaah mohobbat hogayi hai tumse. I'm in love with you. Mujhe nahi patha ki tum is baat ko lekar kaise react karogi magar main kabhi nahi chahtha tha ki humari dosti mein koi daraar aaye, tumhe koi takleef ho meri wajah se. Main khud kuch samajh nahi patha tha Zoya aur bohot zyaada confused tha is baareme. Par ab main yakeen ke saath kehe saktha hoon ki ha, mujhe sach mein tumse pyaar hogaya hai. Tumhari choti se choti baat mere liye bohoth matter kartha hai aur tumse zyaada is waqt mere liye aur koi bhi important nahi hai. Tumhari khushiyaan aur tumhari zindagi mere liye sabse keemti hai Zoya..."

Zoya was gazing at Aditya's eyes which showed sincerity with each of his words. She kept looking at him dazedly when Aditya slowly took a step forward with a thudding heart. He spoke softly.

"Tumhari abbu bilkul sahi guess kiya tha Zoya. Tumhari ammi ne bhi shaayad sahi kaha, mere dil mein tumhare liye jo pyaar hai woh shaayad meri aankhon mein dikhtha hoga unhe. Tum jab ghar jaogi, apne abbu ko jaakar ye zaroor kehe dena ki maine unhe kehene keliye bola tha ki jo bhi koi hum dono ke beech aakhar kadha hojaye, jo bhi mushkile hum dono ki raaste mein aaye, main kabhi tumhe nahi boolunga aur naahi tumhare saath apna rishta todunga. Tum mere liye kya ho main achchi tarah se jaan gaya hoon Zoya. Just because tum is sheher ko chodh kar humesha keliye jaarahi ho, kahi bhi, iska ye matlab nahi hai ki I'll break my friendship with you. You matter to me Zoya!"