❣ It was Only You [5] ❣

"Well, look who I ran into", crowed Coincidence.

"Please", flirted Fate. "This was meant to be..." 

It has been three days since Waseem announced about leaving Mumbai forever and going to Mussoorie to permanently settle down. Zoya didn't leave her house moreover her room within the past few days because of her broken self. Though she was just feeling dejected that one gloomy Saturday, her condition deteriorated with every passing second, minute and hour in an unexpected way. 

By Sunday afternoon however she caught a sudden fever which alarmed Roshnaq about something suspicious with her daughters' behaviour. She with utmost care covered her daughter with a comforter and stayed with her in the room during day time till Waseem brought a doctor to check Zoya's condition. Maybe they were her motherly instincts but Roshnaq felt as if Zoya's health turned progressively worse not just because of the sudden news but there was some other explanation to it.

She couldn't guess what could it be but Roshnaq reminded to herself once Zoya recovers, she would inquire her and confront. She definitely understood how difficult it is for Zoya to accept that she has to leave her career which she built for her future well being in the city of Mumbai. But was that the only reason for Zoya to immediately fall sick the following day and nothing else? She couldn't  perceive.

The doctor who visited to inspect Zoya recommended few tablets but she wasn't in a mood to get better and strong and she preferred sleeping without any disturbances which made Roshnaq leave her room. Zoya did take tablets but when only her sister and ammi persuaded her every time after a meal ended. Roshnaq made healthy vegetable soups and crisp toasts for her daughter to gain strength for her body but none worked up to the level which could return Zoya to her normal happy self.

Noor was concerned about her appi as much as Roshnaq specially because she has been with her appi in Mumbai before her parents shifted with them and she was conscious about what kind of shocking experiences her appi had to face before her life changed for the better in Mumbai, thanks to the help given by Aditya. It won't be enough thanking Aditya for how he has changed her appi's life. 

She could read Zoya's mind that Aditya's absence right now, when she needed him the most beside her as she confessed to Noor crying was making her completely distracted from everything around her, even her health.

Tuesday night Noor couldn't hold it anymore in her heart to know whether what she thinks is correct about her appi and since she has recovered from her fever, Noor entered their room after dinner with determination. She slowly walked towards her appi, who was seated at her working table, with a book opened in front of her and a pen in her hand. Her focus was just at the wall in front of her and her mind elsewhere. 

The table lamp was switched on but her book contained nothing written on it. She didn't even notice Noor's stare until she held her appi's shoulder.

"Appi, aapki tabiyat kaisi hai? Kuch chahiye aapko? Paani, coffee, juice ya biscuits? Main lekar aau aapke liye kitchen se?"

Zoya was startled with the sudden shake and gazed at Noor widening her eyes and shook her head in a no. Noor's mind registered her appi's sad state. 

"Nahi Noor, hum tee... teek hai. Humare saath sab kuch teek hi toh horaha hai, haina? (Tears unknowingly fell from her eyes) Zeh.. Zeher. Unhone bhi... Unhone bhi yahi poocha tha humse us din, ki hu.. hume zeher chahiye toh bata dena"