Chapter Six

I laid in his arms as he stroked my hair slowly. 

"I don't want anything to change just because we fucked" I stated, he laughed and pulled my face up off of his chest and pointed me to him 

"If you don't want anything out of this I am fine with it." He said poking my nose. I rolled my eyes and smiled. 

I got up and threw on his shirt than walked out and into the bathroom, I washed myself off and walked back into the room. 

"You know..you are beautiful" He said as I cuddled him. I looked up at him tiredly 

"You're pretty beautiful as well" I said with a small giggle before closing my eyes and dosing off 

I stretched my arms and yawned I heard a low 'ow' come from beside me. 

"Sorry" I whispered kissing his cheek and quietly getting up. I used the restroom first then opened my moms door. She was still sleeping so I decided to make breakfast for everyone. 

The song Shallow by Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga played as I started to make bacon. 

Bradley's part ended and Lady Gaga's part came on, I sang along to the lyrics 

"Tell me something, boy Aren't you tired tryin' to fill the void? Or do you need more? Ain't it hard keeping it so hardcore?"

"You sound amazing" Alex said come up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist. He sang Bradley's part as him and Lady Gaga sang together. 

The song ended and he turned me around and kissed me slowly. 

*Play song above*

"The bacon isn't gonna cook itself" I said biting his lip before pushing him away. I finished the bacon and was about to start on the eggs when 

"Carmen! Call 911!" Alex screamed, I dropped my spatula and ran into my moms room. Alex was on top of my mom giving CPR. The world slowed and before I knew it paramedics rushed into the room pushing me to the side. Alex got up and ran his hands through his hair; everything was in slow motion....Alex ran over to me and looked concerned, my face showed no emotion. 

"We got a pulse! Get her on to the gurney!" I heard one of the paramedics yell. The pushed her out of the room. 

"Carmen?...Carmen!" Alex yelled, I just stood there looking at her bed. 

Reality hit...and it hit hard. My mom is going to die...I fell to my knees and let out a scream/cry. Alex wrapped me into his arms and let me cry it out. 

"Carmen, we need to go" He said after I finally stopped. All of my emotions shut off and I got up from the floor and walked into my room then through on some pants. I grabbed my keys leaving Alex following behind me. 

"Where is my mom?" I asked calmly to the receptionist when I got into the hospital. 

"Dr. Higgins, nice to see you today" The receptionist said to Alex who stood behind me. I snapped my fingers in front of her face 

"Stop flirting with him and tell me where my mother is before I do more than just snap my fingers..Her name is Sophia Jackson" I said with a serious look on my face, I could feel Alex tense behind me. 

"One second" She said before getting up and dialing a number and whispering something into the phone. 

"A doctor will be with you shortly, please take a seat" She said only looking at me...that's right bitch, don't test me. 

A few minutes go by and a doctor walks out. He calls for my name and both Alex and I stand up and rush over to him. 

"Miss Jackson...Dr. Higgins....follow me" He said walking us into a small room. 

"I am sorry to inform you Miss Jackson, Your mother did not make it" He said taking my hand into his "I am so sorry for your loss, we tried everything we could" I felt my chest tighten and I cried...Alex caught me as I slid down on to the floor. 

The doctor walked out of the room leaving Alex and I alone. I hugged my knees and rocked back and forth 

"Mommy" I whispered over and over again crying into my arms

--------------------------

I cried writing the last part of this...I couldn't imagine losing my mother, I lost my father seven years ago. So she's been my rock through everything. 

If you've lost a parent as well, it's not easy to talk about it but I am here if you ever need someone to speak too.