preface

____________

"this is such a bad idea." the auburn boy in front of me hurriedly panted, running his hands through my shortly cut hair before letting his fingers trail across my rib cage. the edge of his fingernail pulled threads at my mind and i struggled to breathe.

we were a flawless mess; clothes strung across the slightly moth eaten carpet, skin damp with sweat and broken promises, eyes full of guilt because the feelings that flew around the room belonged hidden, locked away. my heart was racing uncontrollably and quivering against my chest, the dim lighting the slightly broken lampshade provided casting a warm glow across our shirtless backs.

i nodded, inhaling sharply as he lifted me onto the battered desk that sat alone in the corner of my bedroom, the one where i'd spent hours with my head in my hands trying to erase the problem i was currently worsening. before i could even comprehend his words and reconcile a frivolous answer, his mouth was on mine again; kisses of forbidden glances, touches of cursed thoughts and the inability to know right from wrong.

"shane, this is so wrong, we-"

he smiled - that irresistable smile where the right side of his mouth twitches up first into this stupidly gorgeous smirk - and his hand moved over my mouth as his lips detached from my own.

"shh, your brother will hear."