- 9 -

Taehyung's flu symptoms were getting worse by the third day. His head felt like it was splitting in two and his throat was dry and hurt from all his coughing.

Still, he worked on his homework at his desk until his door slammed open. He jumped, seeing his mother, pissed off as always.

"Taehyung, you haven't gone to school in two days. Enough skipping, you're going today!"

"What? Mom, I'm sick." Taehyung said roughly, hating the pain his throat was under.

"Yeah, yeah. Your stupid excuse will have to wait. Your father and I have to pay taxes for you to go to school so you're going!" She exclaimed, turning on the light. Taehyung flinched as the light burned his head.

But, he knew there was no point in fighting against his mom, so with slow movements, he got dressed.

"Taehyung?" He heard once he got to school.

He put on a strong face, knowing if he shows he's sick, he'll be sent home. If he goes home, his mom will have a fit since she would have to take time out of her precious schedule to get him.

"Hey Yoongi." He answered, voice still hoarse but he'll be ok.

"You still sound sick... are you ok?" He asked, worry over his face. Even though he may look like he cares about nothing on the outside, he actually is like a brother to him.

"Yeah, just sore from all the coughing. I'm fine, hyung." He smiled, moving past him to his locker.

He saw Jungkook at his locker, glancing at him in confusion but he didn't mind it. He acted like he didn't see Jungkook and got his stuff to go to his class.

Taehyung somehow got through his first two classes, but as time moved on he felt worse. He felt hot, sweaty, and dehydrated.

His third class was science and he had it with Jungkook. He failed science last year, so he had to retake it this year. Though, he didn't understand a word the teacher was saying as he massaged his temple to try and ease some of his pain.

"Taehyung?"

He looked up seeing his teacher at his desk. "Y-Yes sir?" He said, sitting up.

"I asked you what the nucleus was. Are you ok?" Mr. Lee asked.

"I-I'm fine. Sorry, just was spaced out." Taehyung lied, his mouth feeling dry. He felt dizzy and nauseous. "The nucleus is the brain of the cell." He then answered.

Mr. Lee raised an eyebrow. "That's correct. Though, I want you to go to the nurse. You don't look good."

"Oh, no. I'm fine sir, really. No need to worry!" Taehyung quickly said.

"Taehyung, I'm ordering you to go."

Taehyung sighed, "Fine." He sat up, but way too quickly as he saw the whole classroom spin. He tried to grab something to make it stop, leaning on a desk before losing all sorts of direction. And in seconds, he found himself seeing black.

~ ~ ~ ~

Taehyung opened his eyes slowly, feeling foggy and slightly dizzy. He noticed he was in the nurse's office as he sat up.

"Oh, your up." He heard, seeing Mr. Kim at his bedside. "You gave quite the scare to all the students, Taehyung."

"I'm sorry." He said, looking down at his hands.

"Now... Tell me why you decided to come to school when you are sick. Especially since it's flu symptoms?" Mr. Kim demanded.

"I... didn't want to miss any days of work and fall behind." He quickly came up with. It was somewhat the case as if he did he knew he'd fail again. And he didn't want his parents to find out or he'll be more of a failure.

"Taehyung, school is important but your health always comes first. If you would've missed a few more days, your teachers' would've helped you get back with the other students."

Taehyung just listened even though he knew all of this. He knew he could get others sick. But did his parents care? Not one bit.

"I hate to do this, but I have to send you home. You can't be here. You can easily give your symptoms to anyone. When you get home, I want you to get plenty of rest."

"Please don't send me home." He said in a small voice. He knew what was going to happen. His mom would hit him, say he's not strong enough or that he's just faking it and lock him in his room with no supper.

Mr. Kim was quiet for a minute, "Taehyung... why do you not want me to send you home?"

"I don't want to be a bother to my mom." He answered.

Mr. Kim got closer to him, "Taehyung... why do you feel that way?"

Taehyung felt tears build up as his headache got worse. He couldn't hold it anymore. He didn't know how to cover up any more lies. He was fed up with everything.

"I don't wanna go home." He whined like a little kid. He didn't care. His head was killing him as his thoughts were drowning him. He didn't want to get hit. He didn't want to get yelled at.

"Shhhh." Mr. Kim shushed him, rubbing a comforting hand up and down his back. "Alright, just calm down. I'll figure something out. Just, please calm down. You need to rest."

It took a bit, but he got himself to stop crying. "Mr. Kim... how'd I get here?"

"Oh! Right. I totally forgot." Mr. Kim said. "Jungkook carried you over here from your science class telling me you fainted. He said he was asked to take you here as you seemed very sick and passed out in class."

'Jungkook brought me here?' Taehyung thought in wonder. Why'd he do that?

"Anyways, I asked him to get an extra tray of food for you since it's lunch time so he should be back shortly. I have to go get my lunch in the staff room so I'll be back."

Mr. Kim gave Taehyung an ice pack for his head and left the room. It became quiet as Taehyung just laid there, staring at the dark ceiling wondering how he ended up with such a twisted life. He acted so strong and mean towards Jungkook and Jimin, not to mention some other freshmen just to cover up his hurt. To try and pass his parents' words to others just so they won't hurt him.

Though, it never worked. The words hurt. The abuse hurt.

He was done with pain.