- 16 -

A few months seemed to pass, Taehyung was out of the hospital and the school year was over. Jungkook was less stressed as he knew he didn't have to worry about the stupid bully squad but he was super nervous.

Today was the day he agreed to go on the date with Taehyung. He looked at the mirror, not sure if he liked his outfit. His door opened and he looked to see his brother Jeaheon.

"What do you want, hyung?" Jungkook asked.

"I wanted to check and see what all the ruckus coming from your room. You... going somewhere?" He asked.

"Yeah, going out." Jungkook simply stated as he was not sure why his brother seemed so interested.

"You don't usually dress up for just 'going out'." Jeaheon put up air quotations.

"W-well, maybe I wanted to?"

His brother rolled his eyes, "Right. Look, I may not seem like I care, but I've noticed you seemed happier and... I'm really glad to see that." He leaned against the doorframe, "No matter what you're doing, I'm not letting you go out there with an outfit that is mismatched."

Jeaheon walked in and went to his dresser, "Wear this instead."

Jungkook looked at himself, "Are you sure I look okay?"

His brother scoffed, "Jungkook you could kill anyone with that outfit."

Jungkook gave his brother a smile, "T-thank you."

"It's the least I could do with how I acted. I'm sorry, Kook. Truly, I am."

Jungkook nodded and grabbed his wallet and phone, "Well, I'm off then."

"Go kill 'em, whoever it is." And with that, Jungkook made way to the dog cafe where he would meet Taehyung.

He was nervous, but somehow the little talk he had with his brother helped calm his nerves... Even if it was just a second. He looked up at the clear sky with a smile. He wasn't sure why, but he felt that today was going to be a good day.

The boy smiled so widely as he grabbed an iced coffee and petted the dogs while he waited for Taehyung.

~ ~ ~ ~

"Are you sure I look alright, dad?" Taehyung asked probably for the fifteenth time that morning.

His father chuckled, "Taehyung, you look great. Calm down."

Taehyung sighed, "I'm sorry I just don't want to ruin this. Jungkook allowed one date. What if I screw up?"

"Tae... just be yourself. You're his soulmate for a reason. I mean... look at you. I've never seen you freak out over a date before. You truly care for him. You've become so happy and... I don't see how he could only do one date with you." Mr. Kim put his hand on his shoulder.

Taehyung hugged his father, "I'm so glad to have you back, dad."

"One day, we should talk about your real mom. But, I don't want to bring rain on your date. Go out there and show Jungkook who you are. You'll be fine."

"Thanks, dad. Wish me luck."

"You don't need it, son."

Taehyung smiled before grabbing his stuff and made way to the cafe. (A/N: I wasn't sure if I ever stated that Taehyung drives? For the sake of this story, I'm just going to make him be able to drive. Okay, enjoy~)

He parked outside the cafe and took a few breaths before exiting the car. He looked in to see Jungkook smiling down at all the dogs surrounding him and Taehyung swore his heart swelled so big that it burst.

How was he so lucky to get this boy as his soulmate? The boy who made him change to someone different; someone who he could finally love. (I'm the one I should looooooooove~ Oh... um... >w< Continue XD)

The door opened and Jungkook looked up at him. The boys stood for a minute just staring at the other until a dog started jumping on Taehyungs legs. The older blushed as he made way to order a lemonade (A/N: I faintly remember from a Run episode that Taehyung doesn't like coffee? So, I'm going off of that lol).

He sat across from Jungkook and the two played with the puppies while drinking.

"You... look really good, by the way." Taehyung stated.

Jungkook blushed, "Thanks. You do too." They were mostly quiet as they just enjoyed playing with the puppies and finishing their drinks before the date continued.

"So, ready for a walk in the park?" Jungkook asked after he threw away their cups.

"Sure." Taehyung opened the door and they piled in the car. It was once again quiet, so Taehyung decided to turn on the radio.

A song by the duo NamJin came on called Epiphany and Taehyung heard Jungkook sing along. His heart fluttered as everything around them practically stopped as Jungkook's voice filled his ears.

He wished to always be able to hear such a beautiful sound. Once the song was over, Taehyung lowered the volume since it went to advertisements.

"You have a really pretty voice."

"What? No I don't."

Taehyung shook his head, "Kook, you seriously have the most amazing voice I've ever heard. I wish that I could always hear it. It's like an angel singing."

"Wh-what? Haha." Jungkook laughed, looking out the window, "Whatever you say, Tae."

A/N: Next chapter will be a continuation of the date~ >w< Any good ideas? I actually don't know where I want them to go after the park... >w<' Please comment I need your help! ^w^

Also, I started a Stray Kids fanfic called 'Little Crazy'. It's a littlespace au sooo yay. I also apologize for not posting in a while. I, unfortunately, lost a family member to the virus and I also had to finish school. ^_^ Please stay safe out there guys.