- 13 -

"Oh my gosh! What happened to you?" Taehyung's mother yelled, cupping his face.

Taehyung and Jungkook were both surprised at the reaction as the mom looked at the bruise forming on his cheek. "Taehyung, what happened?" She asked firmly.

"I got in a disagreement with a friend." He simply answered.

She tsked, "Well, put some ice on it and do your school work." With that, she left.

"That was unexpected." Jungkook muttered, walking with Taehyung to their kitchen.

"Yeah, not really. She has her moments where she cares. She probably did it since you were here." Taehyung shrugged, grabbing a paper towel and wrapping it around the ice pack.

"Aren't you still sick, though? Shouldn't you rest?" Jungkook asked as the two made it to Tae's room.

"She doesn't care. I mean, you saw her. She mostly cares about looks and how much I make her look. Like, if I was failing she'd be viewed differently or some weird shit like that." Taehyung spat, sitting on his bed.

Jungkook pouted, "I'm sorry."

"Shouldn't you get home?" Taehyung looked over at him.

"Nah, my parents probably don't even know I'm not home. They focus on my older brother. Practically put all their money towards his college degree, not saving anything for me."

"I'm sorry. I don't have siblings but it must be tough."

Jungkook shrugged, "I kinda got used to it after he graduated. I mean, I had to. Every day it's a daily reminder. I don't even know why he's home. He should be in college."

"You mean, he's not going to classes?"

"No, I think he's doing online classes but I have a feeling he actually is just mooching off of them."

"God, I'm sorry." Taehyung sighed, "I mean, talk about a stupid situation."

"Eh, I mean I guess it's better than Jimin's family. His parents were the worst. In a way, I'm happy they kicked him out. He had no business in there."

"Was he an only child?"

"Yeah, his parents expected him to be perfect and the boy tried so hard. He got his grandmother's genes which didn't make them happy. He was gay, and got kicked out."

Taehyung shook his head, "Wait, wait. What does his grandmother's genes have anything to do with that?"

"His grandmother apparently didn't approve of Jimin's parents. That obviously didn't stop them from getting married but he got her genes and it's like a daily reminder of how 'hard their lives were'." Jungkook put air quotes up.

"Well, I'm glad Jimin has Yoongi. He's in a safe environment and with someone who loves him."

Jungkook nods, "Yeah, he was lucky."

They were silent. "Y-You still hate me... don't you?" Taehyung asked.

Jungkook didn't know why his heart clamped down in pain, he felt like his body wanted to hug the living shit out of the boy but he forced himself to stay still and silent.

"I-It's okay." Taehyung gave a weak smile,  "I deserve it."

Jungkook fiddled with his fingers, "I honestly don't know, Taehyung. I mean, one day you're spitting hatred towards me and the next, you want to change. It's a huge whiplash of guessing what side of you is going to stay. I mean, you bullied Jimin and I for so long. I still don't understand how Jimin could accept your apology like nothing happened.