Part 12

The hinges made a slight noise not as loud as creaks. About twenty men, barons and lords stood and stared at their direction. Greetings bombarded the royal and he acknowledged with a smile. A smile so fake and practiced but nonetheless believable.

Zara stayed silent, not looking up as luke was greeted many times. He did question why they acted somewhat like they hadn't seen him in awhile, but decided to drop the thought entirily not seeing how it was any of his buisness.

"Good day to you all " he voiced as he placed himself at the end of the table and sat down. All the others settled down as well. And the preparations for the country wide tour began.

The prince would travel going to all the cities in the domain. Seeing himself the damage done by war in the countryside. Cheering his people, helping the hopeless families

Zara stood behind luke, leaning against the wall, he felt a bit awkward and not sure what to do. It was a given that he couldn't really do anything anymore, but just standing here and listening in on the meeting was just weird.

Giving off the aura of perfect breeding and royal upbringing it was unthinkable that there was another side of this young elite. His questions were right to the point such that the details of the venture were cleared in less than thirty minutes. "That concludes this adjoined council. You are all dismissed."he proclaimed with a wave of his hand. Chair legs dragged on the floor as everyone stood at once and bowed. "Long live Parr Luke"it echoed with the voice of twenty different men.

Zara thought different on the long live part. Right now he was thinking many negative things towards Luke, even towards himself. He stared at the ground, repositioning slightly.

A few nights ago Luke was so sure that Zara was an assasin planted by enemies. How could he gamble his life that there were none too real hired killers on the journey he planned? Luke was just to sure, too brave, foolishly independent. But not one official argued with his decision although he was aware of the murmurs of the anonymous others. Being stubborn he always had his way and this time surely the same