Chapter 5

Natsu's POV

I wake up in Lucy's bed with her sleeping soundly next to me, the bed sheets hugging her skin. My arm snakes around her waist as I pull her closer to me. I get a small whiff of her golden hair.

She's absolutely amazing.

Lucy stirs gently in her sleep as I rub my hand against her side, my other hand playing with the tangled ends of her hair. I could stay like this for forever.

A sudden buzz comes from the nightstand behind me and I promptly groan. I plant a small kiss on Lucy's head and slowly sit up to reach for my phone that so rudely interrupted my bliss.

I scan over my notifications and see several missed calls from Lisanna along with several in answered texts while I was busy with Lucy a couple of hours ago.

Lis ❤️: Hey.. you off work yet?

Lis ❤️: Why aren't you answering your phone

Lis ❤️: Natsu?

Lis ❤️: You're worrying me where the hell are you.

Lis ❤️: Just checked your house and your no where to be found?

Lis ❤️: I'm beyond pissed with you right now where the hell are you? It's almost noon answer your goddamn phone.

Shit, I'm screwed. Probably should've told her where I was before ghosting her while here at Lucy's.

Now I've gotta think of an excuse to tell her and saying that I got home and instantly pass out definitely isn't going to be a good one.

I get out of bed and slip on my boxers before quietly leaving the room and standing in the hallway. I dial a number in my phone before holding it up to my ear while anxiously waiting for the other line to pick up.

"Hello?" My heart jumped with relief after hearing the voice.

"Gray thank god you picked up." I reply with a sigh of relief before running a hand through my hair.

"What's up man? You sound stressed." Gray comments from the other line with a raspy voice.

"Can you vouch for me and say I crashed at your place last night?" I say hurriedly hoping that Gray will help me out.

"Is it Lisanna again? Geez man if you really aren't happy just break things off. No matter how crazy she might me." I can feel gray shaking his from across the line and I can only sigh.

"Yes it's Lis but it's much bigger this time and I gotta figure things out before things get out of hand. So please?" I plead, running my hands down my face.

"Yeah sure I can. But you better explain by what you mean 'bigger'."

"Thanks, Gray, and I'll tell you everything later today if you wanna meet up at Fairy Tail cafe."

"Yeah sure, catch you later." Gray hangs up and I breath a sigh of relief after moving my phone from my ear.

I walk back into the bedroom and settle myself back into Lucy's bed sheets and press my body against her back side. She stirs then rolls over and snuggles into me. I chuckle.

"Did I wake you?" I whisper as I begin to massage her back. She shakes her head gently before giving a soft moaning noise and drifts back to sleep. I guess I did a number on her again.

I grab my phone and send a quick text to Lisanna so she can get off my back about not texting her last night.

Natsu: Hey sorry I crashed at grays last night.

I lock my phone and place back onto the night stand and snuggle back with Lucy, who immediately snuggled into me.

A small smile is plastered on my face as I enjoy her company right next me as I close my eyes and let sleep drag me away into a land of dreams.

I'm much more happier here than I am anywhere else.