Chapter 7

"Hey." I answer my phone promptly after it started ringing. Before I could answer with a 'hello' of some sort, Natsu beats me to it.

"Can I help you with anything that isn't sex related?" I answer irritably as I set my book down.

"Oh come on you know that isn't the only thing we do."

"Other people think otherwise." I retort, laying back on the couch while analyzing my finger nails.

"Other people? Who else knows about this besides Levy?"

"Nevermind." Natsu chuckles over the other line. "Anyway what do you need?"

"I was thinking, what if we went out together, like the park downtown?" Natsu asks, I can see him scratching the back of his neck.

"Wouldn't someone get suspicious of us if we are seen?" I ask, the question lingers in the air for a while.

"If we are seen, they'll probably just think we are having a friendly outing. But we should steer clear from Lisanna though, she can get pretty crazy."

"What do you mean?"

"Uh- nevermind forger I said anything." I shrug my shoulders and decide to push off the odd comment.

"Alright when are we doing this park date thingy?" I ask, changing the subject and getting back on track so I can quickly get back to my book.

"It's about 12 now so how about I pick you up around 3 and we pick up some food and have a small picnic at the park?" Natsu says in one breath and I was lucky enough to understand everything he said.

"Yes that sounds good."

"Ok see you in a bit." Natsu hangs up the phone and I happily pick up my book and continue reading until it was time to get ready.

Now I forget how quickly time goes by while reading. After what felt like was only 5 minutes, was actually two and a half hours. Which means I only have thirty minutes to get ready before Natsu gets here. Now let me tell you how quickly I ran to my bedroom to grab a pair of shorts and a shirt...

With five minutes left to spare, I was able to make my self look decent with high waisted shorts and a tucked in tank top and a messy pony tail. I slipped on some sandals and tossed my purse over my shoulder and slipped my keys and phone inside.

I step in front of my window and Natsu arrives just in time.

I slip out of my front door, closing it quickly while wasting no time to rush to Natsu's car.

"Took you long enough." Natsu toyed as he began to put the car in reverse.

"I got my nose stuck in another book, okay?" I crossed my arms as I turned my head away to pout.

Natsu drove us to the park while we sat in comfortable silence, with some small talk here and there. It wasn't long until Natsu pulled into the parking lot and parked the car.

"Can you help carry some stuff?" Natsu asked as he unbuckled his seatbelt and started out of the car. I nodded and quickly hopped out and followed Natsu to the trunk of the car.

Natsu handed me a few things while Natsu carried the rest after he shut the trunk. We walked for a bit before stopping in a secluded area. Natsu spread out a blanket on the grass and set down the rest of the stuff, I followed.

"Here." Natsu hands me a box of strawberries. I grab them happily and munch them down.

This entire time I've felt Natsu gaze on me, and I can never shake it off. While talking amongst ourselves, I watch his gaze shift among my body then back to my eyes when talking.

I grab the last strawberry from the box and lift it too my lips, getting a small whiff of it's sweet spring smell. I close my eyes and open my mouth, about to dig in to the last bit freshness I might have for the day.

Before I can take a bite of the fruit, Natsu gently grabs the strawberry from my hand, my arm going limp in the process.

Natsu leans in and is unbelievably close. I can feel his hot breath against my skin as his eyes gaze at my parted lips.

"I know I said this wasn't going to be sexual," Natsu barely whispers as his hand cups my face, " but damnit, Luce, you do so much to me without even trying."

Our lips lock and we slowly descend to the ground. We don't bother to look around for any passing pedestrians, though I doubt anyone was in this area. It's probably why Natsu picked it in the first place.

Our lips move in unison as our hands trail against each other bodies without going any farther than our clothes will allow us. Natsu hands stop roaming as he rests his elbows at each side of the ground to support himself.

I grow tired of being the one being dominated and flip us over. Natsu holds himself up off of the ground and let's me have my fun with his lips while I straddle his lap.

Meanwhile, his phone vibrates off to the side. I tried to make out the caller but was unable too as one of Natsu's hands trails up and down my waist.

We pull apart, both significantly out of breath and our faces still very much close together.

"Had enough for the day?" Natsu says huskily, his gaze switching from my lips to my eyes. I nod, still trying to catch my breath.

We pack up our stuff and get back into the car, and this time the car ride was filled with more talking than silence.

But as the road signs pass by, I wonder who the caller was that was so urgently trying to reach Natsu.

And I have a feeling I might know exactly who it was. But I hope my hunch is wrong.