ᴀᴛsᴜsʜɪ x ғᴇᴍ!ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ [ғʟᴜғғ]

It was another normal day at the Armed Detective Agency– like always

It was another normal day at the Armed Detective Agency– like always. The typical Dazai attempting various ways to commit suicide every day was unusual at this point, Naomi rubbing herself up on her brother Tanizaki– which was typically hushed in the workplace, and Atsushi... your daily routine of admiring was ready to begin the moment you got off of the elevator to the top floor where the office is. The very second the elevator door opened you could see papers flying everywhere, the sound of Kunikida yelling at the top of his lungs, and Dazai soon running past with a noose flying by.

"THAT IS NOT MEANT FOR YOU TO HANG YOURSELF WITH– Oh! (Y/N), how good to see you this fine evening! Pardon the papers... would you mind cleaning them up while I take care of Dazai?" Kunikida's personality changed in a flash when he noticed you as he ran past to strangle Dazai, smiling a tad impatiently as he waited for a response.

"Yes, of course! I'll get right on it," you nodded, putting a warm smile on your face as you clutched onto your backpack and started walking towards your desk to drop it off. Atsushi seemed to have not been here yet... you sighed and walked around the office to pick up the astray papers and files. It was honestly unhealthy how attracted you were to the were-tiger. Your day would be extremely boring and gloomy without him there next to you to brighten it up. You have been best friends with Atsushi ever since you were discovered by Dazai and him a few years ago; the pained eyes begging for a way out instantly reminded you of yourself, though the welcoming smile of his made your heart twinge with love. Just the thought of him next to you made the corners of your lips twitch in excitement and your body grow weak. Thinking about him completely clouded your mind and all you could imagine was him by your side– you could almost feel him next to you right now.

"Hey, (Y/N)!"

Ahh... you could practically hear his voice now. It's so blissful and amazing.. you could listen to him talk all day long.

You felt a warm touch against your shoulder as you were bent down picking up papers unconciously.

I can feel his touch now too...! His hands are always so warm......

"(Y/N)?"

"HUH?!" You yelped, turning around to see that your imagination wasn't going bonkers, but that he was actually there. Your eyes went wide with surprise and your heart raced so fast you thought it was going to explode out of your chest.

"O-oh... I-I didn't see you there. Hey! You're here a bit late aren't chya?" You questioned him, picking up the rest of the papers shakily as he tailed you from beside and watched you aimlessly pick them up from the floor.

"Yeah... I got a uh.. bit held up...."

You were officially intrigued, so you picked up the last piece of paper and stood up nervously, brushing down your skirt as you looked into his unimaginably gorgeous sunset-like eyes. The two of you walked back to your desk and you set the stack of white sheets down, leaning against the table with your hand as you waited for Atsushi's explanation. He chuckled nervously and swallowed audibly, twirling his thumbs together and crossing his feet at the ankles. He always tended to do those little things whenever he was shy or embarrassed and you noticed every time.