ᴋʏᴏᴜᴋᴀ x ᴀᴋᴜᴛᴀɢᴀᴡᴀ [ᴀɴɢsᴛ/ғʟᴜғғ]

I hope you enjoy, Anon-chan! :' )

P.S.: This is NOT a romantic pairing between Ryunosuke and Kyouka... it's only a friendly, fluffy, and angsty oneshot!

Also, I apologize this one is pretty short as well... I've been super busy lately so I don't entirely have the time to write full-length oneshots. 

-

The young girl shuffled in her sleep, caliginous hair splaying across her pillows and into a tangly mess while faint murmurs escaped her soft lips involuntarily. She dreamt wildly in her slumber, the eerily realistic scene playing in her mind had made its way in real life as she spoke softly,

"Please... no.."

"Akutagawa.. please...."

"Stop hurting me..."

Kyouka stirred in her sleep, fingers digging tightly into her plush bunny subconsciously as the nightmare rolled on like an old film, the memories of a time with Akutagawa Ryunosuke while in the Port Mafia playing in her head ruthlessly. It was as if Akutagawa haunted her mind and played this specific memory solely to make her suffer and forever remember the torture she went through.

It reached a point where Kyouka felt worse, pain rushing through her veins not only in the dream but in real life, tickling her skin harshly.

She panted erratically, heart hammering in her chest as she fought to let out a shriek of pure terror. Her lips pursed, Kyouka's mind fading in and out of the dream, eyes beginning to focus on the real world but blinking back into the fantasy world.

Glimmers of the apartment she lived in flashed before her eyes as she panicked, her mind straining to choose between the nightmare and reality.

"Kyouka! Kyouka, wake up!"

Her body shook as someone had placed their hands firmly on her shoulders as she laid on her comforter.

She shot up immediately, eyes bursting wide open and scanning the room to then spot Atsushi, her roommate.

"Kyouka... it's just a nightmare, it's alright," Atsushi cooed as silent tears strolled down Kyouka's flushed cheeks, her face remained contorted in perturbation. Atsushi quickly noticed she was crying and pulled her into a warm embrace, arms wrapping around her comfortingly as she began to sob without a sound, her body still as the water.

******

Today was the day for a new mission. Kyouka was assigned to it by Fukuzawa and was to go with Atsushi, who she very much liked.