ʜɪɢᴜᴄʜɪ x ᴄʜᴜᴜʏᴀ [ᴀɴɢsᴛ/ғʟᴜғғ]

This was requested by @biochemistt-

I hope you don't mind that I put my own little twist onto it, hehe. Enjoy! <3

(Mostly angst but I mean... fluff has to have a bridge of sadness before you get to the good stuff.. s i g h.)

It was a busy day in Yokohama, people of all kinds walked down the street while chatting. The sound of citizens talking amongst each other was loud through Chuuya's ears as he too was strolling in the crowded city.

Cold snow fell softly on the gingers flushed cheeks as it was nearing the end of December. Today was Christmas Eve and of course, he was helping his boss, Mori Ougai with Christmas shopping for Elise. He was left pissed off and grumpy the whole 6 hours of shopping with his boss as he forced himself to tag along for the sake of not being fired. His feet hurt– more like his whole body hurt. He just wanted to go home, drink some wine, and sleep.

The poor Mafia executive had to carry all of the bags and boxes as Mori worriedly searched for more bright pink dresses and cute bows. Sure, the shortie was strong and fit... but it was slightly embarrassing when he had to use his ability to be able to carry all of the presents. Mori seemed to notice and simply thought it was humourous and left Nakahara to carry them still.

'I fucking hate this man....' Chuuya thought to himself with a faint scoff, readjusting the box between his armpit so it wouldn't slip.

Yet another groan erupted from Chuuya's throat as Mori began walking into another store. Mori didn't seem to hear it though as he tiredly walked in with his back bent over.

Nakahara wanted to complain about his arms stinging with pain and his knees getting ready to buckle, but he also feared his own life since this was Mori Ougai, aka his boss in the Mafia, that he was with.

Almost as if the Universe had listened, it decided to reward him as he heard a certain someone yell after the two from behind.

"Chuuya-senpai!"

The ginger turned around to see his blonde co-worker at the Port Mafia waving him down. Chuuya felt a rush of relief through his veins, growing infinitely more tired as he thought of how he could be laying in his soft bed in just a few short minutes now.

"Good Evening, Higuchi-san," he smiled weakly.

"Oh, hello Higuchi-kun! Are you here to help?" Mori had also turned around and forced a broad smile, though it was clearly fake due to his tired eyes.

Ichiyo's smile faded into a minute pout at the question, her eyes trailing to the loads of presents in Chuuya's arms.

"Oh... um..... no, I apologize. I'm here to buy a gift for Akutagawa-senpai and then I saw you two," she explained, her worried tone forming into one of excitement once she mentioned the angsty Akutagawa Ryunosuke.