Chapter 6: The Party.

Ellie:

I fitted myself into the shirt and trousers.
I do have some 'Girl' clothes, I just prefer the 'Boy' clothes, the pockets are deeper, necks are better, don't have false promises, thinking it'll have pockets, and then when you stick your hand into them you find out it's just 'Fashion'.

I continued to look myself up and down, usually I'm pretty self conscious, about myself, not today though.

I was brought out of my moment, by two hands being placed on my shoulders, I looked back into the mirror, it was just my mum.

"You look. Great, you actually do" she smiled, I smiled back.
"Thanks mum, when will the guests be over?" I asked, she took her hands off my shoulders.

"Somewhere around, Six, I think" I looked at her outfit.

A tight black dress, that's only a little bit above her knees, black heels, and red lipstick, personally, a bit much for someone in their mid 30's.

"Ok, so, about Cole, W-What do I do? Do I just stay silent?" I asked, she started rearranging somethings on my shelves.
"Yes, you have to" she mumbled.
"B-But, what if they say something, that I go against?!" She was shocked by the sudden raise in my voice.

"It's fine, they're just talking about business, getting your father used to the UK way of things" I nodded slowly, I looked around my room, I managed to catch a glimpse of a piece of paper flying out from the closet door.

"Mum, would you mind leaving while I try on the outfit you gave me?" I asked, quickly looking back at her, she smiled wide.
"Of course! I'll tell you when the guests are here!" She walked out, I could hear the clicking of her heels even when she left.

I quickly grabbed my book and pencil, and grabbed the note.

How was scHool? Your motHer seems strange, wHo is Cole? -BH.

His writing got more childish at the end, all his H's were capitalised, I began writing in my book.

school was fine, I know, she can be like that, and I don't know who Cole is.

I carefully ripped out the note, and slid it under the closet door.

Wow, this is stupid, I'm writing notes to this, thing, instead of running for the hills.

No note flew out this time, I stood up and dusted myself off, maybe I should put on this retched dress she bought me, keep her happy for once.

(Picture is the dress above)

"Not bad, not bad at all" I breathed out, I looked myself up and down in the mirror, I usually hate dresses, but there's something about this dress.

I looked away from the mirror, the closet door had creaked open slightly, being the moron I am, I thought nothing of it, and closed the door.

"Hey, Ellie?" I turned around, my mum stood in the hallway.
"The people are here, they're waiting" she had a proud look on her face when she saw the dress.

"How do you like the dress?" She smiled, I smiled back.
"It's really nice, thank you" she stood back as I walked out the door.

What type of stupid confidence is this? I hate dresses, and I hate silk or revealing things, but there's something about this, god I need to snap out of it.

My mother grabbed my shoulder, hard, she leaned in and whispered in my ear.

"Don't day a word, just sit down, and let me answer for you" I nodded slowly.

She escorted me to the table, and sat me down, I looked at the people at the table.

5 old men, my father, and my mother, she sat next to me, and left the other seat next to me empty.

"Ah, this must be Elizabeth" one of the old men stood up, and extended his hand.
"Oh- Elizabeth hasn't had her medication, I am sorry, but it's best for her not to talk or touch anyone yet" she Nudged my leg from under the table, I twitched in response.

---