4

"I have to work late tonight." Dylan told Quinn the next day.

"How late?" Quinn wondered.

"I'll probably be at my office overnight." Dylan answered.

"Overnight?" Quinn frowned.

"I have to catch up on some files and I'm doing some work for my friend." Dylan informed Quinn.

"Alright." Quinn said with a sigh.

"You'll get to have a nice quiet night to yourself." Dylan noted. "You can use that time to think."

Quinn nodded slowly. "Yeah, I guess so."

"Don't feel bad." Dylan said as he got up. "I'll see you tomorrow night."

"Yeah." Quinn replied. "Yeah, a night on my own will be good for me."

"Yeah." Dylan agreed. "You're okay if I go?"

"Of course." Quinn said.

"I'll see you tomorrow then." Dylan responded as he kissed Quinn lightly.

"See you tomorrow." Quinn repeated. "Good luck at work."

"Thanks." Dylan smiled as he left Quinn's apartment.

Quinn spent most of the day cleaning and listening to music. She was listening to a playlist that Finn and Puck had made for all the glee kids at the end of senior year, and every song that came on made her feel nostalgic.

Even though she went through hell in high school, she missed those times with her friends.

At the end of the day, Quinn took a shower. When she was done, she wrapped herself in a towel and glanced at her phone. She had new messages from Finn.

Please come 2nite

hear him sing

Bring Dylan if u want

Dylan's working

So come without him

No

Y not?

I don't think Noah wants me there

he said he does

Me & Rach will stop by ur place @ 9

Quinn sighed as she put her phone down. It's not that she didn't want to see Puck, but she didn't feel like going out.

Especially when Dylan told her to stay in.

Quinn got dressed in skinny jeans and a red blouse with ruffles. She put on a white cardigan and black wedge booties before doing her makeup.

When she was done with her makeup, Quinn blow-dried and straightened her hair.

Around 8:30 pm, the doorbell rang. Quinn buzzed Finn and Rachel in.

The Hudsons were nothing if not early - especially Rachel.

"Hey, guys." Quinn smiled.

"Hey, you look great!" Rachel exclaimed as she hugged Quinn.

"Thanks." Quinn replied as she looked at Rachel's leggings and blue peplum top. "So do you."

Finn cleared his throat.

"You look nice, too, Finn." Quinn said with a smile.

"You both look really good." Finn smiled back. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah." Quinn nodded. "I'm kind of excited actually."

"Really?" Rachel raised her eyebrow.

"It's been a while since I've heard Noah sing and I've always loved his voice." Quinn responded. "He's so talented. I can't wait to hear some original stuff."

"You're blushing." Finn teased, shaking his head.

"Shut up." Quinn said as she nudged the tall brunette.

"Sounds like someone's in loooooove." Rachel added.

"I'll always love Noah." Quinn told her friends. "But our relationship wasn't working. And if we stayed together any longer, we would've ended up seriously hating each other."

"You think so?" Finn asked.

Quinn nodded. "And any chance of us ever getting back together would've been ruined."

Finn and Rachel exchanged a look.

"We should go." Quinn said. "I don't wanna miss it."