29

The former New Directions spent the dinner catching up, mostly talking about work since they were already so involved in each other's personal lives.

At the end of the night, they paid the bill and started saying their goodbyes.

Quinn wasn't ready to go home yet. Not until she talked to Puck.

"Noah."

Puck paused and looked at her.

"We need to talk." Quinn said.

"We've talked." Puck stated.

"I need to talk to you." Quinn clarified.

Puck sighed as he looked at Santana, who was lingering behind everyone else. "Go."

"Are you sure?" Santana asked.

Puck nodded. "I'm fine."

"But last time-"

"Go." Puck repeated. "Please."

Santana hesitantly walked away.

Puck looked at Quinn. "I'm all ears, princess."

Quinn nodded slowly. "Let's get out of here."

The pair left the restaurant and started walking back to Quinn's apartment.

"I wanted to thank you for coming to watch me sing the other day." Quinn began nervously. "It meant a lot to have you there."

"Oh, uh... this is awkward. I actually came to see Sam." Puck joked.

Quinn rolled her eyes and nudged Puck.

"What? He's good." Puck laughed lightly.

"You're better." Quinn said with a smile. "And you know it."

"If I'm better, why didn't you ask me to join you? Why'd you ask Sam?" Puck questioned Quinn.

"You and I weren't speaking." Quinn stated.

"And you figured seeing you with Sam would make me jealous?" Puck guessed.

"You're a lot smarter than people give you credit for." Quinn said, trying to hide her smile. "Did it work?"

Puck shrugged and smiled slightly.

"Well, anyway, thank you for coming." Quinn continued.

"You were really good." Puck told Quinn. "And confident."

"Did you listen to that song?" Quinn wondered. "Like really listen?"

"I did." Puck nodded. "But you got it wrong, you know."

"How?" Quinn asked.

"I never stopped loving you." Puck admitted. "I don't think I ever will."

Quinn bit her lip.

"I'm still working on getting better and I know you're with someone, and I'm trying to respect that." Puck said. "And you."

"Well, actually, Dylan and I broke up. I'm surprised Santana and Finn didn't tell you." Quinn replied as she looked at Puck.

"They didn't." Puck shook his head. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Dylan didn't tell me he's married, or engaged or whatever, and he thought that I was cheating on him with..." Quinn trailed off.

"Me?" Puck guessed.

Quinn nodded slowly.

Puck nodded back.

"I should've fought harder for you." Quinn said softly. "Because when I realized I wanted you back, it was too late."

"Look, I love you, and you love me." Puck stated. "But you and I both know that it's not that simple. It's never that simple for us."

"I know." Quinn agreed. "But I don't need simple anymore. I just had that and it wasn't what I want."

"What do you want, Quinn?" Puck asked.

Quinn was sure that Puck knew the answer, but even if he did, he wanted to hear her say it.

Quinn paused for a moment. She took a deep breath and looked at Puck. "I want you."