6

Quinn and Puck left the café and started heading back to Quinn's apartment with Max in front of them.

"You were really, really good tonight." Quinn told Puck.

"Thanks." Puck said. "And thanks for coming. I really didn't expect you to."

"Finn said you knew I was coming." Quinn replied.

Puck shook his head. "No one told me."

Quinn frowned.

"I'm glad you came though." Puck told Quinn. "It was cool of you."

"Yeah, well, you sounded great." Quinn smiled. "And your original songs were beautiful. I've missed hearing you sing."

Puck nodded. "Music seems to help me, which is cool 'cause I was working on music when I was away so I've been taking care of myself without knowing it."

Quinn nodded back. "I'm glad it helps you, too."

"Yeah." Puck said as they reached Quinn's apartment.

"Why don't you come up for a little while?" Quinn blurted.

Puck raised his eyebrow.

"Dylan's working overnight and I'm sure Santana and Brittany could use a night to themselves." Quinn stated. "Besides, we should talk about us some more."

"We talked yesterday." Puck pointed out.

"Yeah, while Finn and Santana stared us down ten feet away." Quinn noted.

Puck nodded slowly. "Alright, I'll come up for a little while."

Quinn smiled as she led Puck and Max up to her apartment - which used to be their apartment.

"Make yourself comfortable." Quinn told Puck. "Do you want anything to eat or drink?"

Puck shook his head as he sat down on the couch. "I'm okay. If I want something, I'll get it. I know where everything is 'cause I used to live here."

"Right." Quinn said as she sat down beside Puck. "Well, it's been kinda weird not having you here."

"I'm sure your boyfriend's here all the time." Puck replied.

Quinn looked at him.

"I didn't mean it like that." Puck said, glancing at Max, who was laying at his feet.

"I know." Quinn nodded.

Puck nodded back.

"I think you should meet Dylan." Quinn told Puck. "Whenever you're ready."

"Yeah, I guess if Beth met him, I should meet him." Puck agreed. "Soon."

"Yeah, soon." Quinn repeated.

Puck nodded and went silent again.

"Noah, you have to know that I love you, but I'm with someone else now." Quinn blurted. "And you can't just take care of yourself because of me or to prove something to me."

"I'm not." Puck promised, a little surprised by the statement. "Everyone kept pushing me, and I'm doing it for me."

"You promise?" Quinn asked.

"Yeah." Puck said. "Besides, there was no way Shelby was gonna let me see Beth if I wasn't mentally good."

Quinn bit her lip.

"I'm really good now, Quinn." Puck insisted. "And I'm doing it for myself and for everyone else who cares about me."

"Good." Quinn said. "'Cause we were all worried. Especially me."

"I know." Puck nodded. "But now you don't have to worry about me or babysit me anymore."

"I never felt like I was babysitting you." Quinn told Puck.

"Isn't that what you said when you dumped me and made me move out?" Puck questioned Quinn.

Quinn shook her head. "I told you I was worried that you were gonna get worse and I wasn't gonna be able to help you."

Puck nodded slowly.

"I never felt like you were a burden or someone I had to babysit." Quinn clarified. "I wanted what was best for you. I still want that for you."

"And you thought a breakup was best for me?" Puck asked, raising his eyebrow.

Quinn shook her head. "I felt like I couldn't handle everything anymore."

"I'm sorry for putting you through that." Puck apologized.