11

Quinn felt horrible about her fight with Puck. She kept thinking about calling him, but he had said he was done.

What was the point of calling?

Still, Quinn couldn't get Puck or their fight out of her head. It didn't help that Dylan kept working late nights, leaving Quinn alone with her thoughts.

A few days after Quinn and Puck's fight, Quinn got a phone call from Santana.

"I'm surprised you waited days to call me." Quinn stated when she answered the phone.

"Puck didn't tell me about the fight until now." Santana replied. "What's wrong with you?"

Quinn raised her eyebrow. "Excuse me?"

"He's already so... broken." Santana told Quinn. "And you had to go and mess with his head."

"I didn't do anything." Quinn said. "Whatever he told you-"

"He's hurt, Quinn. It took a lot for him to even agree to seeing you." Santana cut Quinn off. "He's trying so hard to be okay and to be himself, and he can't handle the drama right now."

"He told me he was done and I haven't spoken to him since." Quinn pointed out.

"Look, I know you two still care about each other, but you can't do this to him." Santana told Quinn. "Just stay away from him."

"Who are you to tell me what I can and can't do?" Quinn wondered. "Noah and I are friends and what we do is no one else's business."

"It is my business when he's staying at my apartment." Santana responded. "I'm the one who's here for him and I've been here for him-"

"And I wasn't there for him?" Quinn asked. "How many times did I try to help him, Santana?"

"How many times did you actually help him?" Santana demanded. "He needed to be pushed and you gave up too easily."

"I never gave up on him." Quinn said softly.

"You dumped him." Santana reminded Quinn.

"He knows I still care about him. And his health and happiness." Quinn replied. "But don't blame me for anything because it was all so hard on both of us."

"I'm not blaming you for him having PTSD or for him losing himself." Santana said. "I really think that the guy we all knew as Puck died during his deployment."

Quinn bit her lip and didn't say anything.

"If you still care about him, and I know you do, you'll give him space now." Santana concluded. "Let him go."

"It's unrealistic to think the two of us can avoid each other forever." Quinn stated. "We have the same friends, we live nearby, we visit our daughter together. We'll always have some connection."

"Maybe you should just focus on your current relationship and work." Santana advised Quinn. "Try to let go of your past relationships."

"I don't want to." Quinn admitted.

"It's not fair to Puck." Santana pointed out. "Just give him some time."

"How long, Santana?" Quinn questioned the Latina.

"I don't know." Santana said. "It's hard for him. All of it. He's so anxious all the time, and seeing you with Dylan crushed him, especially in front of Beth."

"Is he still singing at that café?" Quinn wondered. "Maybe I could stop by and talk to him."

"I think it would be better if you stayed away from there." Santana said.

"He told me he was done with me." Quinn informed Santana. "So I have to be the one to reach out and check in on him."

"Quinn, listen to me." Santana commanded. "He's a mess. The best thing you can do to help him is nothing."

"You can't expect me to-"

"Just trust me, okay?" Santana requested softly.

"Okay." Quinn sighed. "As long as you keep me updated."

"I will." Santana promised.