Live With Me

This morning could not have possibly turned out any more disastrous.

At some point in the middle of the night, the water pipes to my apartment complex burst. This means no water for who knows how long.

I couldn't shower and couldn't change Bubbly's bowl water. I also had to run to the office, because I missed my bus.

I walk through the main office doors in a depressing mood, and I lay my head down on the reception desk.

"My life is over," I whine to Hoseok. "I'm finished."

"Hey hey!" He taps my shoulder. "Get up! This is a public place! If people see you crying here they'll think it's my fault!"

"I'm not crying!" I raise my head to glare at him. "My apartment is out of commission at the moment, and I need a place to stay."

"Don't you have a mom or family?" He asks and I shake my head.

"My mom lives in Busan, and I'm an only child," I give him puppy eyes. "If only I had a friend to stay with..."

"Oh no, absolutely not!" He shakes his head. "I have a one bedroom and one bath apartment myself, there's absolutely no room for you to crash at my place!"

"Fine!" I snap, and stick my tongue out at him. "I didn't want to stay with you anyway!"

I march over to the elevator, getting inside and doing my usual routine. It's not long after that I'm standing beside Mr. Jeon's desk.

I'm not sure if me being his official secretary was a good thing or not. I'm not running around the building doing dumb tasks, so that's a plus. But that also means that I'm stuck beside Mr. Jeon, and the awkward tension is slowly building up again.

I glance over at him every now and then and see him either signing papers or typing things out on his computer.

"I heard about your apartment complex," He breaks the silence. "You must be devastated."

"I'm pissed off," I answer unconsciously. His eyes widen at my tone and I apologize. "Sorry. I'm upset, to say the least."

"Where will you be staying?" He questions, signing a paper and putting it to the side.

"Oh, uh, I'm sure I can find somewhere," I give a small smile. "I have my... mom's house."

"Your mother lives in Busan," He stops me, now fully looking up at me.

I'm speechless now. I literally don't know what to say to him.

"Right," I mutter.

"You probably won't take it," He stands from his seat and puts his hands in his suit pockets. "But there is an empty room at my house."

"Are you... asking me to stay with you?" I stare at him wide-eyed.

"Do you have any other options?" He motions me to continue talking. "Like I said before, you don't have to take my offering if you don't want to."

"Are you asking as my boss-"

"I'm asking as an acquaintance, as a... well, as a friend, I suppose," He interrupts me. "Just keep the idea in your head."

He begins to walk off, headed towards the door. He stops though, and turns around.

"And yes, there's a shower at my house. I'm sure you'd like to use it," He opens the door and nearly walks through it.

"I'll stay!" I stop him from taking another step. "I'll stay with you at your house!"

"Good," He gives me a small smile. "Hello, roommate."