Commitment

Twenty minutes later and Jungkook and I are currently sitting in the fanciest house I've ever seen. I sit lightly on the couch, not wanting to leave wrinkles.

Both of us are apparently waiting on Jungkook's step mother, and there's no sign of her anywhere. My eyes flash around the house.

Ornate tables, vases, and flowers are everywhere, along with valuable looking knickknacks. Everything is made of glass, and I'm afraid that just with my clumsiness, I'll break something. An expensive tea set sits in front of the both of us on the coffee table, courtesy of the maid. There's a fancy hot tea in the glasses, but I don't drink any.

When did this turn into a scene from a drama?

The door opens, and in walks her majesty herself. She's wearing an animal skin scarf of some kind, and her heels click meticulously as she saunters over in front of us, taking a seat on the opposite couch.

Her eyes stare coldly at me, and I begin to feel my nerves get jittery. An audible silence fills the room, and she takes a sip of the tea on the table.

"Why... did you want to see me?" I hesitantly ask, and she crosses her legs.

"I wanted to take another look at the tramp that seduced my son," She says in a single breath, and I have to stop Jungkook from snapping at her.

"Look, ma'am, I don't know what assumptions you've made about me, but I can guarantee that they're incorrect," I state my claim, glaring at the woman.

"The assumption that I made, and I know it's true, is that you only claim to be in love with my son for the money," She looks at me coldly.

"That's not true," I start, beginning to feel my word vomit come out. "What about Sara? The only reason she wanted to be with Jungkook is because of the money-"

"Sara is the daughter of a noble businessman. If she were marry Jungkook, then she would help increase his economic status," She points out. "What would you do if you married him? Hm?"

I look over at him and give a small smile. "I'd... I'd make him happy. Every day, every hour, every minute, every second," He reaches out and holds my hand, gripping it tight. "It wouldn't matter if he was the CEO or the janitor of the company. If he was him, I'd stay no matter what."

"What nonsense is that?" She scoffs, momentarily laughing at me. "You have good acting skills, I'll give you that you little tramp-"

"She's not acting," A voice comes from behind us and I see Taehyung walk in. "She's in love with him. Trust me."

"Taehyung, leave this instant!" The mother barks out at her son and he takes a seat by me, relaxing into the couch.

"Nah," He shakes his head, and his blonde hair bounces. "I'm kinda done listening to you, mom. Breaking up people and making girls cry isn't really my thing anymore. Plus, Sara threw her heel at me and messed up my handsome face."

I look at his cheek cut. So that was Sara's fault, huh?

"But trust me," Taehyung looks over at me and gives me a boxy smile. "If you're worried about this girl being a gold digger, then it won't do you any good. In fact, someone who threatens to call the police on me just to spare a guys feelings must be a good person."

I give a shy smile. That's right. I did nearly call the police, didn't I?

Jungkook sits silently, listening to all of our conversations.

"You're in love with her too, aren't you Kookie?" The older boy asks him and his eyes jolt to me.

We had never told each other we loved one another. Sure, we told each other that we liked one another, but that's different. Love was deep, and it was a commitment. Was Jungkook ready to make that commitment?

"I love her with my whole heart," He answers confidently. "To me, she's the reason the sun rises and sets in the sky, and the reason I wake up every morning. The light of my life, and words don't do it justice."

As he pours out his heart to me, I can feel my eyes get teary. If he's ready for that commitment, then I am too.

"Look, Mrs. Jeon," I smile back over to the sharply dressed woman. "I'm in love with your son, too. I'm also not going to apologize for the way I feel towards him. I love him for who he is, and nothing will keep me from him. I can't stand the sight of seeing him upset or sad, and he makes me so happy that I don't know what to do with myself."

My word vomit continues and I can't stop.

"And I- I-" I blurt, not even thinking. "I want to marry him someday!"

There's an audible shattering noise as she drops the tea glass, the shards and tea going everywhere. Everyone's eyes are on me, and I begin to feel flustered.

I know what I said was the truth, but why am I getting so embarrassed over it?

"Damn, she pulled the marriage card," Taehyung sighs from beside us, running and hand through his hair. "She's serious about you."

I glance embarrassingly over at Jungkook, wondering if it was too soon for me to have blurted something so personal.

His mom still looks at me with shock, before she stands from her seat. "I will never accept you as my daughter in law," She snaps and turns on her heel, stomping out of the room.

Another silence follows, and Taehyung is the one to finally break it.

"Well, this is awkward, but she'll come around someday, I suppose," Tae shrugs, leaving his seat as well. "I'll leave you both to it then? Oh, but just for the record, I'm really sorry for acting like a dick towards you, Hana. I hope we can be friends?"

"I'll think about it," I slyly smile at the tall boy.

"That works for me," He runs a hand through his hair and exits the living room. "...It will help me sleep at night, at least."

My eyes now go back to Jungkook, and he's staring into space, not really paying attention to anything around him.

"I need to tell you something at the office," He says with no expression as he begins to leave as well.

Oh no. I screwed up, didn't I?

***