A Friend

The next sunny morning, I snuggle into Jungkook as we both lay in my bed. I smile as my head rests on his steadily rising and falling chest, and I feel his arm wrapped around my shoulder.

"Good morning beautiful," His husky morning voice fully awakes me, and I gaze up at him.

"Good morning, handsome," I say as I reach up and brush down his now frizzy morning hair.

"Let's do something today," He suggests and I raise my eyebrows. "Let's skip work today."

"Skip? I can't skip work!" I scold him.

"Why?" He asks, a playful smirk dancing on his features. "Are you afraid you'll get fired?"

I try to contain my smile. "...No," I shake my head. "What will we do if we skip?"

"I have a friend I want you to meet."

Me, Jungkook, and his friend all sit at a table inside a local coffee shop. My fingers play around with the sleeves of my hoodie, and I'll occasionally take a sip of my caramel coffee.

The friend he had introduced me to was very handsome, but not that it surprised me.

His outfit is solid black, all the way down to his converse. He's of a smaller stature than Jungkook, and he looks even a bit older than the boy. His hair is a pitch black tone, and he rarely does smile. When he did manage to flash a grin, however, his gums were on bright display.

"So," He begins, looking over at me. "You let him kiss you?"

I nearly choke on my coffee, looking over to glare at Jungkook.

"You told him about us?" I whisper harshly over at him. "What part of keeping it secret did you not understand?"

"I had already told him by the time you mentioned keeping it secret," He whispers back, and the boy snaps his eyes in between us.

"Yoongi," Jungkook momentarily scolds his friend. "You can't just ask that!"

"Well, why not?" Yoongi asks, sipping his Americano. "If I don't keep an eye on you two, you'll end up having a baby before you know it."

I really do choke on my coffee this time.

"E-Excuse me?" I cough, trying to catch my breath. "We haven't even come close to doing... that!"

By now, a majority of the coffee shop has turned to look at our table.

"You were right when you said she was crazy," Yoongi looks over at Jungkook and nods.

"You said I'm crazy?!" I glare at Jungkook even more now.

"N-Now calm down," He puts his hands up. "I called you that the day you dumped coffee on me. I didn't call you crazy recently! I promise!"

Receiving a satisfying answer, I go back to my coffee and sip it through the straw.

"How long have you two been dating?" He asks, and I can't help the smile that tugs at the corners of my mouth.

"A couple of days," I answer.

For once, Yoongi smiles.

"I'm glad that Jungkook found a girl," He takes another sip of his coffee. "And I'm glad it's you."

I look up at him with shock. "What do you mean?"

"A nice girl who's down to earth and appreciates him for who he is, not how much money he has in his account," He simply answers, crossing his arms over his chest.

From under the table, I feel Jungkook grab my hand and hold it. He gives me a heartwarming smile, and I nearly melt in my seat.

I wish we could stay like this forever, but like fate says: all of the good things must die young.

***