Author's Note

Rai's name is pronounced 'RAY'. Not 'rye'. Just a little heads-up from me :)

Much love to all you readers out there. Those who comment, those who vote, and those who simply do in silence what this book was written for: read. I hope you enjoy their twisted, corrupted world; I hope you see that hope can keep you going, even when everything seems lost; and I hope you grow to love Kass, Rai and Sammi almost as much as I do. 

This is only the first book in The Elementalists Trilogy. If you like it, stick with me; their world is vast, and their journey far from over! 

Lots of love, Dani xox

A Review from ray_of_sunshine9 of the Sapphire's Review Store is linked below. (It got scored a 24/25 btw, which I'm pretty chuffed about!!)

https://w.tt/2IJUjTt

A Review from The Butterfly 2019 Awards (Fantasy):

"Just your synopsis alone was enough to draw me to your story. Your first few chapters are executed extremely well with no grammatical errors that I saw. Your use of detail makes me feel like I am there with your protagonists. I can sense Kass's terror as he witnesses his village being destroyed, Sammi's sadness and anger as she watches her sister dying, and Rai's sense of peace while controlling the water. Your character development is awesome, and your plot runs so smoothly that it feels effortless. Your chapters are great, and I was hooked from the beginning. Excellent work!"

A Review from The Winter Rose Awards (Science Fiction):

"Certainly, the story of the hero's journey isn't new. But, when the telling is new, it becomes outside the norm. Having control over the elements isn't necessarily new, either, but having been bred by the resistance in order to win a war is one example of how it is outside the norm and a unique story. Well done here.

The characters are very relatable and I see Kass' and Sammi's development over the first chapters. Each are taken from ordinary life of one day and thrust into the extraordinary of another. Rai is introduced right as I stopped reading for judging, so I can't comment about that character's development.

The book is edited amazingly well. (I noticed right away with the single quotes that the author seems to be from somewhere that uses British spelling and punctuation.) I have yet to more than two or three mistakes in the five chapters I read. I appreciate the effort it takes to make this happen.

The story is original and unique. High marks for creativity, of course.

Overall, I would highly recommend this book. In fact, after the judging is complete and announced, I'll be adding it to my "Outstanding Reads" reading list so that I can read it later this summer and recommend it to other people."