Chapter 1

⬆Tessa & Damian Jonathan⬆
⬆ 24 & 5 years old⬆
_____________________________________

"Anna get the hell up before I drag your sorry ass from this bed. Come on I need you" I heard my annoying roommate shout from the shower, with half closed eyes I got up and went to the bathroom "For heaven's sake stop shouting you freaking idiot my head is killing me" I said from behind the curtains, "Awww you thinking of that hottie last night" Noah said teasingly while laughing loud and clear mocking me.

"Hahaha very funny, I should say that to you. You were the one drooling over him not me" I snapped angrily and that only made him laugh louder. "Hey you know I'm kidding now hand me the towel please"
"Unbelievable" I muttered as I flipped him off and shut the door behind me laughing as I listened to his very wonderful vocabulary.

I hate everything first thing in the morning and he knows that very well but he always likes to annoy me and that's what got us to becoming 'us' in the first place, and we've been in the same apartment since I was 19 and he was 20, as in for 8 years now.

And he's from the few people that I can rely on, specially after I left my mom so I can continue my studying here in New York, and start a new life. Trust me when I say that she was NOT happy when I told her I'm leaving for collage and she gave me hard times, the only people who knew are Noah and Tessa, my other bestfriend.
I knew them from highschool and we stayed like this since then.
And since Noah is a year older, he moved here before me and when I decided that I want to continue my studying here in NYC and not Florida, where my mom is, Noah suggested that I move in with him and I was happy to, Tessa was lucky to have her parents move states so she could stay with them.

They were here for me all the time and for that I'm so gratefull.

After changing into some black leggings and a red t-shirt with red sneakers, I grabbed my keys and headphones and called Tessa on my way out, on the third ring she answered "Aw Damian stop pulling my hai-- you little devil if I catch you you are so in trouble--" I heard muffled voices then finally she said "Hey Ann, sorry about that my mom left me alone with Damian again and he is driving me crazy" I laughed at her "Oh god Tessa, I can't believe that a 5 years old can do all that to you on his own".
She sighed "You have no idea. So tell me, what's up?"
"Oh nothing I'm going to the library to have some of my work done, thought you can come along and then we can go grab some lunch".

She sighed "I can't, I have to babysit Damian" It's literally like I can hear her pout through the phone.

"Bring him along he's nice with me, and I'll stay with him so that you can rest your head a bit" I said laughing.

"You're a life saver. Can't say no to that because if I stayed alone with him I might lock him up in the bathroom".

I shook my head, "Ok hone, meet you at the library and bring him his coloring set so I'd drow with him".
"Ok see you"
And the line went dead.

I sighed as I walked down the road, the air a little cold because the winter is at the doors. It's definitely not my favorite season, I get sick easily so I have to minimize my out going self to dodge having cold regularly.

The llibrary is about 30 minutes from the apartment. The walk right now is so good to calm my mind and take a few good breaths of fresh air. With my headphones on I walked and walked until I was oblivion to the world.

Finally as the time went by and I got to the library, I took my headphones off and entered the old building and went directly to the table in the back.

After 15 minutes Tessa showed up with her cute little brother, I know he's the devil in disguise but he's just so cute.

"Hey there sweetie, how are you?" I said to Damian lowering my self to his level, I thought he'd make fun of me or won't even answer but he surprised me by jumping and hugging me tight, so I held his little body close to mine and cooed at him "I missed you too you know".