Chapter 11

"So what you're saying is that you are not going to tell me what happened?" I asked Landon.
He shook his head and stuffed his mouth with a bite of his burger. We were at a restaurant down the street of my apartment. Landon was on his second burger, I was still on my first.
The food here is incredible.

"Are you serious? You could have died for fuck sake! This is definetly not just some fight. Not when it involves guns" I whisper-shouted at him so no one will hear me.

He sighed. "Anna. This is for your safty. You are better off to not know a thing about me than to know anything" And he took another bite.

"My safety was thrown out of the window when you came to my door step with bullets through your skin and blood dripping everywhere." I snapped at him and turned my head to look for a waiter without letting him talk again.

I need pizza. He's going to make me lose it and literally bang his head on the table.

I called the waiter, he was a good looking guy, red firy hair, light brown eyes and cheeks filled with freckles. Cute.

"Can you please get me pizza? The middle size. Extra cheese"
He smiled a side-mouthed smile and nodded at me, "Yes, right away" Winked at me, then he left.

Landon placed his burger down on the table and focused his gaze on the back of the waiter. "What?" I asked him.

"The rudeness of this generation never ease to amaze me," He shook his head. "Even though I am sitting right here he still found a way to flirt with you."

I laughed at him. "Oh please. It's not that bad, just a wink. And besides, he looks like he's still in high school. No need for you to worry." This time I winked at him. He laughed at me and took a bite.

"You see, I have nothing to worry about."

"Confident much now, are we" I wiggled my eyebrows at him. He chuckled and took another bite.

Before he could answer the waiter came back with the pizza.
"Here you go, beautiful" He smirked at me and placed the plate infront of me.

I smiled and dismissived him with a "Thanks."
But the guy turned to Landon, as if only now he seemed to notice him, who was smiling so sweet it chilled me to the bones. This was a side of him I never seen.

The guy physically stilled, then only managed a nod before he scurried away.

"So this is how it's going to be?" I snapped at him. "First of all fine don't tell anything but when things come back to bite my ass, I'll have yours on fire. And either ways finally I will know what's all of this is about. Secondly, stop acting like I'm a peace of glass that'll shatter any moment."

He sighed. "I can't help it. I don't want you to get tangled up in my mess, please just drop it for the time."

"I kinda already am considering we're sitting here now after I bandaged you, you piece of trash! But fine, no more words on the subject."

I guess I'll have to wait for Noah to tell me at least something.

"Now continue eating" He said, "Do you want to drink something?"
I shook my head, "No, I'm fine"
He raised an eyebrow, "Not even the famous strawberry milk shake?"
I grinned at him and licked my lips, his eyes darted to my lips then back to my eyes. "Can't say no to that."

"I can't believe how much we ate!" I laughed as we made our way to his car.

"Yeah I can't either. But it's nice to know that you act like a lady and eat like a man" he said when we were seated in his car.
I started laughing as I remembered what Noah would have said.

"Say that to Noah" I took a breath to stop laughing a little bit then continued.
"He says I should stop eating like a food-horny being"

Landon was only grinning at me. His award winning grin. "You look so beautiful"
I smiled at him. "You're not bad your self."

He grabbed my hand and placed it above his chest then brought it to his lips, kissing the back of it, once, twice. Then turning it and kissing my palm.

"We should go to Tessa's. My baby girl is there and I missed her these past couple of days"
Snow was at tessa's because I needed to work and Tessa was starting to get on my nerves because she always wanted to see Snow. So I told her to take her a few days then I'll get her back, and in the time, I could finish all the work I had.

"Sure, you think it's ok to call Ian too?"
"Hmm I'm sure it's fine"

He nodded then lifted my hand again to his lips and kissed it.
He should really stop doing that. He's spoiling me way too much. But maybe that's his point.

****

"Can't read my, can't read my, no he can't read my poker face. She's got to love somebody--"
Me and Tessa were singing poker face by Lady GaGa like maniacs.
Ian and Landon have their mouths on the floor as they watched us jump and sing.

"Can't read my, can't rea--" the music was suddnly out.
I snapped my head toward Ian, he turned it off!
"Hey!!!"
"You two are acting like some crazy ass spirit possessed you!" Ian said, eyes wide.

Me and Tessa shared a side glace, then ended up on the floor laughing.
I clutched my sides, they started to hurt from this much of laughter.

The guys were looking at us confused, then Landon came to my side to help me get up from the ground, and Ian to Tessa's side.

Grrrrrr.

Snow growled at Landon as he touched me.

Grrrrrrrrrrr.

She snapped her teeth at him.
His eyes widened and looked at me as if saying "Quiet her down"
I laughed more, and lowered myself to Snow. She wasn't hostile, but apparently today she wasn't in the mood.
"Oh my sweet baby. You're looking out for me yeah? You know he's a bad bad guy. But it's okay. He won't hurt me" I cooed at her and kissed her head.
She snuggled closer to me and started licking my face.
"Who knew this small creature can be this.. this evil" Ian whispered to Tessa who was holding her phone up and taking photos of me.

Yes. Her and Noah always take photos of me. They make me feel as if I'm their baby and they want to save every moment.

She smacked him on the arm, "Don't talk like that about her. She's the cutest being ever"
"Yeah a cute dog who was about to make Landon's face a master piece"
"No she wasn't, she's probably just overwhelmed. You know you can say you're scared of her it's fine."
He gasped. "I'm not scared of a little furr ball."
"Well it seems like you are!"

I left them to their Pickering and turned to Landon, I ashered him to come closer to where I was sitting. He sat beside me on the floor and slowly reached for Snow.
At first she was baring her teeth at him, but I kept cooing at her so she wouldn't lash out on him.
And after a minute or two Landon was patting her and she started licking his hand.

Click.

I turned to Tessa. "You and Noah should really stop taking photos of me at any chance you two get!"

Her eyes widened. "Can't do. These moments are to remember. And you're our little one. We like to keep the memories alive" She shrugged.

I glared at her, "Just because I'm the short one here does not mean I'm small!"

"To us, it does" She shrugged again.
"Where is Noah anyway?" She asked me.
"I don't know. Propably have some work"

"You girls want to go a night out?" Ian asked us.
I smirked and looked at Tessa. "Hell yes"

"But I'm not staying late. I have to go back to work tomorrow" Landon said.
I forgot he runs one of the most important companies in the world.

"You can take the day off man, and catch up with the work later" Ian said to Landon.
I nodded my head to Landon who was looking at me.
"We'll see about that."

"We'll see about that" I whispered back to him.