Chapter Twenty-One

Ava's POV:

"Come on baby, we've got to go and make sure that the venue is ready for tonight." I said, climbing on our bed, making my way to a lazy Colton. Once I got to him, he reached out for my face and pulled it to meet his lips. Getting distracted by Colton's kiss and wandering hands I forgot why I came into the room; this happens way too often.

"Babe, we have people to make sure that the venue is fine, we've got 5 hours before it starts, so we can just stay here with you in my arms." He said, while stroking his hand though my hair.

"But col, I want to make sure everything is perfect for it. I won't be happy until we go and look." I said, sitting on his lap, pouting my lips.

"Ugh Av, you know I cannot say no to that pout. Okay babe, lets go and check." He says, sitting up holding me close to his chest before I get off and help pull him up off the bed. We make our way downstairs before we walked into his conjoined garage and pick out his range rover to travel in.

Colton drove until we got to the banquet hall where we were going to be hosting a charity event and our engagement party. We walked into the building hand in hand with Colton helping me up the large entrance stairs where later they would be filled with paparazzi. Once we were inside, I looked all around us where all of the workers were busy setting up for tonight. Looking at the centre stage which would be filled with a large band, I see how there is something which catches my eye.

"Colton baby, I think we should have the stage surrounded with pale pink netting and lights falling from the ceiling, I think that would look so nice." I said, hugging into his arm, while he looks down at me lovingly.

"Bella, if that is what you would like then I will make sure that is done, is there anything else baby?" he said, kissing the crown of my head.

"I think everything else is perfect, I love the layout. Your team has worked so hard this is amazing." I say pointing around, "Are our giftbags ready for everyone's arrival?" I say, looking into his eyes with so much love.

"Yes Mrs Miller, everything is set for tonight." The event planner said, walking up to us with her clipboard.

"Why Colton, we've not had our wedding yet." I said, knowing this was Colton who told them to call me that.

"I know that baby, don't worry I am counting down the days to when you become mine forever. I just wanted people to test your new name out, and I love the sound of it." He said, attacking my cheeks with kisses.

Once we wrapped everything up at the venue and did the final checks, we went back to the house to get ready for the party.

"Hmm Av, we have 3 hours before the party starts. I think I know how we could pass the time" Colton said, pulling me to his lap in his living room, I snorted before giving his lips a peck.

"Well baby, I've got hair and makeup coming in 30 minutes, and I know you take longer than that. So I need to go and shower and maybe you could come in with me as long as you can promise me that you'll be good." I said, giving his head a kiss before I got up off his lap. I pulled his hand so that he would get up along with me.

We spent 20 minutes in the shower, as I kept having to swat him away as we didn't have anytime to do what he wanted. But that didn't stop him, I managed to shower and shave everywhere, but Colton will need to take a shower for himself now.

"Bella, I'll be in the shower, see you later beautiful." He said before kissing my lips leaving me time to slip on a housecoat before the makeup team knocked on my door.

"Hi everyone, thank you so much for doing this for me. It is a true pleasure to have the best teams working on me tonight." I said, as I gave them all individual hugs and welcoming kisses.