Chapter Twenty-Six

*3 months later*

Colton's POV

Slowly waking up from my night's sleep, I turn over to be greeted by the face of my beautiful wife. Looking over to the clock, I see the red lights of 'doom' display 6:24, as soon as I turn over back to Ava, I hear Sophia start to cry. I jumped out of bed and walked down the hall into her room.

"Buongiorno, mia bellissima figlia, come stai oggi? Mamma ed io abbiamo fatto un ottimo lavoro, eh? Sei così carina, ora Sophia ti prepare per la giornata così la mamma può dormire ancora un po'? vieni qui bellissima." I said as soon as she saw me, once I started to talk, she stopped crying and smiled the biggest smile I've ever seen. (Good morning, my beautiful daughter, how are you today? Mummy and I did a great job huh? You are so so cute, now Sophia I am going to get you ready for the day so mummy can sleep a little more. Come here beautiful.)

I played with Sophia for a while and then I got her ready for the day which included feeding her, bathing her and then clothing her. Once I was finished it was around 7, deciding I need to get ready myself I walk back into our bedroom and sat down on the side of the bed where Ava was sleeping, I leant down to give her head a cheek a kiss; she instinctively turned ever more towards me and snuggled into my side with a small smile on her face. I gently placed Sophia into her bassinet next to our bed and then started to walk into our ensuite. Once I was out of the shower, I dry off and then place the towel around my waist so I can walk into our room without being completely naked. I peered into Sophia's bassinet to ensure that she is okay and not fussing, once I checked on her, I walked over to Ava and gave her another kiss on the corners of her mouth. She stirred and opened her eyes, after adjusting to the light, once she saw me a massive smile appeared on her face.

"Morning Col, thank you for getting Sophia, is she alright?" Ava asked as soon as she could, she turned to see Sophia cooing at her whilst reaching for her little hands.

"She is absolutely fine babe, she woke up and I got her ready for the day so you could lay in a little longer." I said, brushing her hair from her eyes before leaning down to give a loving long kiss to my wife.

"Babe, I need to finish getting ready so is it okay if you can watch Sophia whilst I'm in the walk in wardrobe. I wont be too long baby, I just need to get dressed." I said before I walked away and opened up the wardrobe. I quickly chose which suit I wanted to wear today, getting a tie which matched, I walked back in the bedroom to find Ava propped up with pillows holding Sophia to her chest.

"Come here baby, I know how bad you are at tying your tie." Ava said, as she sat up more, placing Sophia onto her baby cushion next to her.

"I can tie my tie perfectly Mrs Miller, you just don't like how I do it." I said, sitting on the side of the bed whilst Ava scooted closer.

"Well that's because Col, your ties aren't even and they are not right, I need to tie your tie to be happy before you leave." She said, placing her hands on my tie and then she swiftly finished my tie. Once she was finished, we just sat on our bed and played with our baby girl for around 20 minutes.

"Come on Col, I'll get our breakfast ready, can you carry Sophia down for me?" Ava said, giving me a kiss before she started to get out of our bed. She ran to the wardrobe before slipping her VS robe on as she was wearing nothing before.

We quickly made our way to our kitchen, Ava quickly started making our breakfast, even with me being her to allow me to make it for her; she dismissed me so I placed Sophia in her customized Mima Moon Highchair, playing with her little feet, which causes her to giggle.

"Aw, baby, isn't she the cutest. I love her so so much; I love you so much my husband." Ava said, she walked towards us and then she just rested her head against my chest and just breathed in. I gently stroked her hair and we just stayed standing like that for who knows how long.