Chapter 3

(Ash's Home. 6:00 AM)

Today was the big day. Ash decided to get up much earlier than usual. Fortunately, Delia was up too. "Wow! You must be ready huh honey." She said. "Yep, I sure am." Ash replied. Delia made a large breakfast only comparable to some dishes that Mallow prepares in her own time. "I already got a Tauros ride that will take us to the seaport at Hau'oli on the way." Delia said. Ash was to busy chewing to respond, but he understood. A few minutes later, a Tauros called out from the outside. "Our ride is here! Let's get moving!" Ash said excitedly. So he grabbed his stuff, and headed to the seaport.

(Hau'oli Seaport. 7:00 AM)

Once Tauros arrived at the port, Delia helped Ash with his luggage and said her goodbyes to him. "I'll miss you honey!" She called out. "Me too!" Ash said back as he entered the port. He approached the front desk to speak to the attendant. "Hello, welcome to Hau'oli seaport. Can I have your ID?" She asked. Ash presented his school ID to the woman. "Oh. You actually have a group of people waiting for you to board the next ship to the Kalos region. Is that right?" "Yes it is." Ash stated. "Alright. They are waiting for you at dock G6. Got it?" He nodded in response. "Have a nice trip!" she said as Ash headed for the dock.

(Dock G6)

While Ash was on the way, Mallow, Lillie, and Lana were waiting for him. "I hope Ash gets here on time." Lillie said to the other girls. "Yeah, I'm about to lose my marbles just sitting around!" Mallow replied. Lana was slowly falling asleep in boredom. Ash found the girls very easily despite how crowded the place was. "Hey girls." he said to them. "Hello Ash." Lillie exclaimed. She gave Ash a gentle hug. "Why hello there pumpkin." Mallow said in a soft tone following up with a kiss to his cheek. Lana was still asleep so Ash woke her up. They greeted each other as well. "You got here just in time. The boat is almost here." Lana said. Ash was breathing a sigh of relief, "I thought I was gonna miss it!" He said. "Me too." Lillie exclaimed in return. Then suddenly, the PA system overhead went off.

"Attention all passengers travelling from Alola to Kalos! The boat is arriving in five minutes! Repeat, The boat from Alola to Kalos is arriving in five minutes!"

That got the group's attention. "Five minutes until arrival!" Mallow cheered. The group was getting super excited to get on and begin their adventure together. Thankfully, they wouldn't have to wait too long, because just a few minutes later the boat arrived. The passengers traveling to Alola got off very quickly. The children grabbed their luggage and headed on board.

(The ship to Kalos)

The boat had a style that made it comparable to a plane more than a boat. Each row had bench like seats large enough to hold 4 people each, there were windows at the end of each one, and a tropical themed interior. The four got to a seat near the middle left side. Mallow got on first, then Ash, Lana, and Lillie. Mallow fell asleep on Ash's shoulder almost instantly to rest up for the arrival. Lillie took care of the groups luggage and placed them in the overhead bins. Then, a horn sound went off waking up everyone on board, but not Mallow as she was too busy sleeping on Ash's shoulder to care. Just a few moments later boat left the port for Kalos.

The boat had plenty of stuff to do as the trip to Kalos was going to take around two and a half hours. Lana and Lillie talked for most of the trip, while Ash wanted talk to them, but he didn't want to wake up Mallow. So he just ran his hand through her hair. She giggled very softly and went back to sleep, smiling at Ash as she did. A server came around with some lemonade asking people if they wanted some. When he got to Ash, he gave the girls four glasses. Mallow finally woke up to have some. "Hey guys, I actually came up with the recipe the lemonade!" She said to the rest of the group. "Really! Who would've thought?" Lillie said in genuine surprise. Then after the lemonade, Mallow went back to sleep on Ash's shoulder, and Lana and Lillie resumed their conversation. Ash fell asleep himself, resting his head on top of Mallow's own. She noticed and placed her hand on Ash's chest. He was remembering all the fun he had in Kalos with his old friends and was excited to make a return to a region with plenty to do. "I hope Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie remember me." He thought to himself. All the while, the ship continued its journey to the Kalos region.