Chapter 10

(9:30 AM)

The sun rose in a much softer setting than usual. Today was a bit saddening for Ash and the girls as today was their final day in Kalos before returning home. "Good morning everyone." Ash said softly but clear enough for everyone to be heard. "Good morning Ash." Lillie said in a slightly bummed tone. "I know how you guys feel, our last day in Kalos. But we do have one more day today. And I want to meet somebody who was my friend since childhood." Ash said calmly. The girls woke up and gave Ash a soft hug and kissed him on his cheeks. Afterwards the three had breakfast and went south towards Vaniville Town.

(Vaniville Town 10:45 AM)

The group got to their destination in the longest trek they had so far. "Ugh. My feet are close to ending me faster than a good fishing streak!" Lana said in agony. "Well guess who decided to wear SANDALS!" Mallow sneered. Ash subsided the argument before things went south. The group arrived at a house with a large track in the backyard. "This is where my old friend Serena lives. We first met at Professor Sycamore's pokemon camp back when we were little after she hurt her leg." Ash exclaimed. "Let's hope she doesn't kill us for being your girlfriends." Lillie said in fear. "Come on now! She wouldn't be THAT insane over Ash." Lana reassured. Ash knocked on the door to see if anyone was home. A woman opened the door. "Oh, hello Ash. I saw you guys at the beach. I was the one who took your picture. By the way, in case you forgot, I'm Grace. Serena's mother." Ash asked her if Serena was home. "She's waiting for you in the backyard. She didn't say what she was doing though." Grace said. Afterwards, the group headed back to the yard.

Ash and the girls saw Serena in the backyard. She went berserk upon seeing her old friend again. "ASH! OH MY GOSH! IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME!" she screamed. She was close to hugging Ash when she noticed the other girls behind him. "Oh... who are THEY?!" she asked confused. The girls introduced themselves. "I'm Mallow." "Lillie is my name." "You can call me Lana." they said. Serena got suspicious about them. "So... they're your girlfriends aren't they?" she asked with tension. "Uh... no. We're his... classmates. We're from the... Alola region." Lillie stuttered. "Yes we are!" Mallow said proudly. Lana gave an evil glare at Mallow. Serena got more tense "Hmph! The only one that I care for leaves Kalos for a bunch of islanders! How pathetic!" she scoffed. "Serena! Give them a chance. They just want to meet you." Ash said defensively. The girls got behind Ash as Serena got flared up even more. "I was hoping you would be alone for this, BUT YOU JUST HAD TO BRING YOUR GIRLFRIENDS SO YOU TO SHOW THAT YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT ME ANYMORE!" she yelled. "WE... ARE... NOT... HIS... GIRLFRIENDS!" Lana screamed back at her. "SHUT IT YOU BLUE CLAD BUM!" Serena shouted. "LANA IS NOT A BUM!" Mallow yelled at the now enraged Serena. "AT LEAST MY RHYHORN RACING IS BETTER THAN YOUR COOKING!" Serena said back even angrier "LEAVE THEM ALONE! THEY CAN DATE ASH IF THEY WANT, WHEN THEY WANT!" Lillie said angrily. "SINCE WHEN DID YOU DECIDE ASH'S LOVE INTERESTS?!" Serena said even angrier than before. Serena pulled out a whip and was about to let Ash have it until a voiced called out for her. "LEAVE THEM ALONE SERENA!" the voice called out. It was Clemont and Bonnie coming to Ash's defense. "STAY OUT OF THIS!" Serena said with a fiery voice. "WELL THEN. YOU ASKED FOR IT! ASH, YOU AND ME ARE GOING TO BATTLE IT OUT, RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW. IF I WIN, YOU ARE STAYING IN THE REGION WITH ME UNTIL THE DAY WE ALL DIE! UNDERSTAND?!" Serena yelled out. "Forever?! No... don't battle her, it's not worth it!" Lana called out. "Don't worry. Bonnie and I will hold her off." Clemont whispered to Ash. "Ok." Ash whispered back. He told the girls his plans. "Bring it on tough guy!" Bonnie said to Serena. "WELL THEN, IF YOU WANT TO GO, LETS GO!" she said. "DELPHOX, PANGORO, SYLVEON! SHOW THIS NERD WHO'S IN CHARGE!" Serena yelled as three Pokemon came out. Clemont threw out his pokeballs to reveal Heliolisk, Luxray, and Magnezone. Out of nowhere, a vast bird like creature resembling the letter Y appeared in the sky and fired a beam from its wing. Pangoro was hit by the blast and was instantly knocked out. Clemont saw an opportunity for an attack. "Magnezone! Counter Sylveon's Moonblast and use Magnet bomb!" Magnezone took the attack like a champ and blasted Sylveon to the ground faster than it came out. Suddenly, a familiar face appeared in front of Ash. It was Ash Greninja who was ready to help out as all Luxray and Heliolisk to Delphox. Mallow, Lana, and Lillie looked back to see the Greninja defending Ash as the girls escaped. "DELPHOX! DON'T LET THOSE FOOLS GET AWAY! BLAST BURN!" Serena called out. Delphox then launched a blast at the girls to set the gate ablaze. "Greninja! Hydro Cannon!" Ash called out. "Greninja nodded at Ash as he obliterated Delphox in a deluge of water, taking it down instantly.

Serena was brought down to her knees in defeat. "NOW WHAT FOOL?!" Mallow said to Serena in a smug voice. "Ash... you were right. I shouldn't have made fun of your girls. But this is FAR from over you three! I went easy this time." Serena gasped as she ran off. Mallow, Lillie, and Lana were still sad about what happened. "Come on. Do you want to shop for souvenirs before we head home?" Ash said trying to cheer them up. "YES PLEASE!" all three girls said in excitement. Ash obliged their request and headed to every town shop on the way to back to Lumiose City to head to swim for one final time.

(Hotel Richissime Pool. 3:00 PM)

The girls each bought some items to remember their trip. "Show me what you guys bought." Ash said. They each had some items and a matching book. Mallow bought some cooking utensils and a cookbook with Kalos recipes, Lana bought some fishing gear including a net, pole, and a book on the best fishing sites, and Lillie bought some jewelry, new clothes, and a book on cute outfit ideas. The group swam for a few hours before heading up to turn in one last final time.

(Room 5-4 7:00 PM)

The three girls walked up to Ash. Mallow was holding a box in her hands and she gave it to Ash. Inside was a heart charm with a color for each of them. Mallow was green, Lana was navy blue, Lillie was white, and Ash was red. "This is our heart from us to you." Mallow said softly. "This is to say thank you for everything." Lana stuttered. "And that we love you Ash. From the bottom of our hearts." Lillie sobbed happily "I love you too girls." Ash said back. The four pinned him to his bed with a huge hug and kissed him repeatedly. "Our boat home leaves at noon. So let's be up before then so we don't miss it." Lillie whispered while barely still awake as she fell asleep. The moon rose into the room one last time as the trip in Kalos was coming to a close.