Chapter 5

(9:00 AM)

A soft pleasant light from the Kalos sun rose into the room. Today was a big day. Mallow was to appear on a cooking special being filmed at Restaurant Le Wow, one of the regions finest spots for fine dining. Ash woke up by a kiss from Mallow who was excited for the big day. "Good morning my love." She whispered. "You know what today is don't you?" "You bet I do!" Ash replied. "Lana and Lillie are having breakfast downstairs." Mallow explained. Ash nodded in understanding. The two decided to get ready for their big day. Ash helped Mallow pick three dishes that she would showcase on the special. "I think they will love my cooking skills once they try the dishes." Mallow said to Ash confidently. "They sure will." he replied. After that, they grabbed Mallow's cookbook and headed downstairs to have breakfast before heading out for their big appearance.

(Restaurant Le Wow. 12:00 PM)

The venue was filled up entirely of guests and filming crews looking to watch the special live. Suddenly, cameras were rolling as the special was about to begin. "Hello and welcome to another episode of Cooks beyond Kalos! I'm your host Sam Pierre and today, we have two special guests joining us from the distant and tropical region of Alola! Please welcome.... Mallow and Ash!" The crowd entered an instant applause as the two walked into the kitchen stage. "So. I've heard you run a business back home with your family, and you want to show off some dishes. Am I right?" Sam asked. "That's true. I even have Ash, my friendly assistant joining me who may or may not also be my boyfriend hee hee hee hee hee." She jokingly said as she and the crowd started laughing at Ash's slight embarrassment. "Now, we got some dishes to cover, and an audience to excite, So let's get started!" Sam called out. "Alright! Let's do this!" Ash and Mallow said together.

Mallow started off with a breakfast dish. "First off, we have a recipe that I actually made myself! I call them Tropical Bagel Bites." "Alright... pretty clever Idea, but show us how they're made!" Sam exclaimed. "Alright... First, take some standard bagels, cut them in half and chop them into bite sized pieces. Then, coat them with jelly so that you can put fruits on top of them. You can use any fruit you want. From strawberries, to grapes, even oranges." Ash helped by adding the jelly and decorating the bits with strawberries. Upon finishing, the camera zoomed in on Mallow's creation and the crowd cheered. Sam took a bite and started chewing. "I don't know how you did it, but this is a really good breakfast dish you made there!" "Thank you sir, and thank you Ash." She said cutely. "You're welcome." Ash responded as he blushed a little bit.

"Secondly, we have a recipe that Ash and I came up with together! We decided to call it, Alola Grade Spaghetti, or A.G.S for short. We made up this dish be taking inspiration from Alola itself. The two of us decided to start off by preparing our noodles in a traditional fashion. But then, we use a slightly different recipe for the sauce. In particular, it's made with a secret spice that only we Alolans and Ash know about, and we use some slightly spicy peppers to represent the heat in our region." Ash helped garnish the sauce and drizzled it over the spaghetti noodles. Mallow continued her explanation to Sam. "Then, as Ash came up with, we used some cheddar cheese to represent sunset, and decorated it with spice leaves to represent the trees." While the special went on, Lana and Lillie caught it from one of the big screens in Lumiose while touring the city themselves. "Hey! That's Ash and Mallow!" Lillie called out to Lana. "Wow! The two are really great together." She said in amazement. Shortly afterwards, Sam tasted the dish and was just as pumped as the first dish.

"And to finish off the day, we have a dessert... that my mother... m...m..made for me... when I...I...was l...l..little before sh...sh...she died." Mallow whimpered. She rushed to Ash and hugged him trying to calm down. "I'm so so sorry for your loss Mallow." Sam said in sadness. The crowd had a moment of silence while Mallow was still hugging Ash to find comfort in his arms. "Alright, I'm better now. Thank you Ash. That is why I...I..." Mallow's face was burning up "Love... you." She kissed Ash on the lips on camera for a full 15 seconds. The crowd awed and afterwards, the special went on as normal. "Now that I'm back, the final dish is a dessert called "Chocolate filled mini cakes." Mallow exclaimed not knowing how she said that the first time. "We start off by making balls of cake batter. Then we hollow them out to make room for chocolate syrup." Mallow explained. Ash hollowed out the cake balls and filled them up with the syrup. "Finally, we decorate them with other chocolate dip, sprinkles, and other ingredients." The crowd cheered out in an ear splitting roar of excitement. "WOW! The crowd is going nuts over these! I gotta try some now!" Sam yelled in excitement. Ash gave him some, and he reacted in a similar light to the crowd. "Great Arceus these are great!" he called out. "While I hate having to end the show on such a good dish, but all good things have to end. Thanks for joining us you two, we wish you the best on the rest of your time in Kalos." "Thank you Sam!" Ash and Mallow called out. "You're welcome guys. This has been Cooks beyond Kalos, I'm Sam Pierre, see you next time folks." The cameras stopped rolling, and the crowd left the restaurant in a happy manner. Mallow kissed Ash's eyeball in thanks for appearing on the show with her and headed back to Hotel Richissime.

(Hotel Richissime Pool. 4:00 PM)

Ash met the girls in the pool area where the girls waited for him at the pool area, greeting him in a similar manner to last time. This time, everyone played together in the pool with each other. They dived for coins, played with their pokemon, and talked about the days ahead. Two hours later, the four decided to head back to their room.

(Room 5-4. 6:00 PM)

When they returned to the room, the girls decided to use the hot tub. "Ahhh... That's the life." Mallow said in a relaxed tone. "Hey Ash, come in with us!" Lillie called out. "Ok..." he said confused. He joined in and was instantly embraced with a barrage of kisses and giggles from the girls. This went on for an hour before everyone deciding to wind down for the night. They watched a tape of the special that Lana bought from the studio an hour after the special ended. "We look so cute together Ash." Mallow sighed in happiness to Ash while resting on his shoulder. Shortly after, the children decided to turn in and rest after the big day. "Goodnight cutie." Mallow whispered. "Goodnight Mallow." Ash whispered in response. The group then all went to bed awaiting what lies ahead for tomorrow.