1 - Pigeon

September 5th (Monday)

It's my first day of college and I'm doing an animal care course so I can fulfil my dreams of becoming an assistance dog trainer. My only issue is I'm a shy introverted person who has anxiety. So I somehow managed to convince myself that boarding at college for a year would be good for myself. I can assure you this was no easy decision to make and I must have been under the influence when I made it...

Anyway, I moved all my stuff into my dorm yesterday and now I'm all ready to leave to go to the first class of the course. To say I'm nervous is an understatement, if anything I think my head is calling for the sweet release of death but that ain't happening anytime soon. I grab my cane and my keys, making sure to put them safely in my bag, and make my way to class making sure to listen to my music in an attempt to calm my anxious self down.

I arrive and sit down in a chair at the front, folding my cane up and putting it in my bag. I pull out a notebook and some pens so I can write things down if I need to. A while later, people started to join me in the room, i was getting more and more anxious by the minute, I can not deal with having to talk to people right now. It's not even like I don't want to talk, it's just that i prefer to listen then have people hear me out.

Once the teacher had come in, he got a piece of paper out and put us all into a seating plan. I had somehow ended up next to a guy called Ray. I introduced myself and that was all I said. He tried talking to me but I bailed out and slid a note across the table to him telling him I don't like to talk much. I tried, I really did. He just kinda shrugged and passed the note back- that's okay, I'm a talker so maybe you can teach me to shut up sometimes when I get too much?- i nodded and listened to what the teacher had to say, writing a few notes here and there.

Class was only an hour long today so I had the rest of the day to chill in my room ,which I was fine with of course. So after class I walked back to my dorm room. I had a single bed that had a leafy duvet cover and my desk was covered in stationary and succulents. Yes I'm the basic 17 year old girl, Fight me.

I FaceTimed with my friend Leo and we were on call for a good few hours. With her I can just call for hours and actually have someone to talk to, once we stayed up most of the night playing 8ball pool. I suck at that game so she kept winning but it's fine because I got to listen to her violent phone tapping over FaceTime while we played. She lives a few hours away from me so we don't see each other too often but we do plan meet-ups throughout the year but to make do we use FaceTime and Instagram to send each other relatable memes. Yet again, I'm a basic 17 year old girl, fight me.

Once our call ended, I grabbed my cane and keys and took the short walk to the town to get dinner. Why the cane? You may be asking. Well to put it simply I'm blind in my left eye. I don't need no pity party so be on your way and continue with your life. Just because I'm a cane user doesn't mean I'm less of a human or am some alien species who's just landed from mars. Although, some like to think I am.
I went to Tesco and got the classic £3 meal deal, once again I'm basic. Leave me be.

By the time I left it was getting dark so I had to hurry home before someone decided to yeet me home with them.

I got back to the dorm and ate my meal deal come dinner at my desk, alone, as usual. I decided to call it a night and go to bed because we all know my eye was about to give up seeing anyway.