maybe

steve hasn't seen billy since their hookup nearly an entire week ago. in fact, billy seemed to be avoiding him all together.

he still talked to nancy, it was just a bit awkward always third wheeling around her and jonathan.

on his way to class, steve noticed billy talking to some sophomore, the typical blonde-cheerleader-cliche.

he hated how hurt he felt, but to be fair, the two boys weren't really anything labeled.

steve hadn't ever found someone, (at least a girl), who he had actually feelings for. all the others just felt dull, boring, almost.

there was no love or passion with girls for steve.

he slammed his locker closed, upset just thinking about the situation.

steve gathered his basketball drawstring bag and homework, walking down the vacant school halls.

the practice consisted mostly of billy knocking steve over and loose insults thrown at steve.

his resentment filled his mind and actions as he slowly approached the showers.

"so, king steve" "how's it feel since nancy left your sorry ass for the weirdo" tommy's voice dripped venom.

"fuck off, tommy" steve muttered

"don't worry pretty boy, plenty of bitches in the sea" "i'll be sure to leave you some" billy smirked as tommy left them completely alone.

steve just ignored his ignorant comments, letting the water cascade down his face.

"damn harrington, you're quiet"

steve broke his silence, "well, maybe if you weren't such a fucking asshole" he snapped

billy grabbed his shoulder, causing steve's body to go rigid, "better watch your tone, princess"

steve glared, "fuck" "you" "hargrove"

billy's hand wrapped around steve's throat, "i know you want to" causing him to swallow nervously.

steve tried his best not to give in, so he walked out of the showers, not saying a word.

he could feel billy's eyes burning through him while he wrapped the towel around his hips.

before steve could reach his gym locker containing his clothes, billy held a firm grip on his wrist.

"now, now, where're you going" a smirk played at billy's lips. the lips steve wanted to kiss and leave marks all over his body.

steve had caved, hands running down his rough, bruised chest that was exposed through his unbuttoned shirt.

"you- you're only using me" he pushed billy away

billy seemed unfazed, "do you really care, though?"

steve stayed silent, so billy answered for him, "exactly, i think you like being used" he leaned in close to steve's face, "you love my hand around your throat, the bites i leave across your collarbones and thighs, the way i make you feel good, i think you love me".

"okay, so what if i do?" steve angrily got dressed, "you're still a douche bag and treat me like garbage, at least nancy-"

billy laughed, "don't mention that bitch" "you're not her goddamn pet"

this irritated steve even more, "oh, so i'm yours?"

"duh" billy grasped his keys, "go on a date with me then if you're so bothered" "unless you're a little bitch..." he drifted off, staring intently at the brunette.

"fine!" steve closed his locker forcefully with a mix of anger and longing.

"watch the attitude, pretty boy"

steve rolled his hazel eyes before billy said, "well, you coming or what?"

steve faked a sigh, "yes"

"i just got a date with king steve, should i be flattered, maybe honored?" sarcasm laced billy's voice.

steve playfully hit his bicep, just to pull back is fist in slight pain, "yes, you should be"

billy chuckled at the boys response, climbing into the camaro.

immediately, classic rock was blaring over the speakers, making steve cringe at the volume.

they went out to an empty lot near the lake. billy held a cigarette between his lips, deeply inhaling before glancing at steve.

the two sat on the hood of the car, "i miss california" billy stared into the sunset.

"what's it like?" steve shivered before billy handed his jacket to him.

"there's so much more to do, it's warm and beautiful" he stared off into the distance.

steve studied billy, he took subconscious notes of his strong jawline, how perfectly his curls fell, his strong body.

"it's rude to stare you know, pretty boy?"

steve flushed, "i-i wasn't!"

surprisingly, billy pulled steve between his legs and held out his cigarette to the other boy.

steve hesitantly took a drag before coughing into billy's arm, "holy shit, how do you smoke so many of those?"

billy laughed lightly, "you're so innocent, i love that"

steve sat up offended, "i am not" "i can be bad like you too" he pulled his hair back and posed holding the cigarette, "see"

billy smiled, "do you wanna go out with me?"