rewards

blonde strands stuck to billy's face, steve gently pushed them aside.

laying on the gray settee in the living room, steve waited for him to wake up.

he sighed deeply, before gasping slightly as billy pulled him close to his chest.

"don't go" he mumbled softly.

"we need to clean your wounds though" steve protested.

"i almost died, you could at least kiss me" billy huffed, sitting up slowly.

steve quickly pecked his cheek, "there you go, all better" he said, grabbing the first aid kit.

billy winced as steve cleaned the cut across his forehead, "this is giving me ptsd" he muttered.

"you'll live" steve laughed, for now they were both satisfied in each other's company.

2 weeks later

i'm going to get my history book from my locker" steve set down his bag on the bleachers next to billy.

"okay, hurry up or i'll leave without you" he joked

billy pulled out a sketch he had been working on in english class, reaching down into steve's bookbag.

a questioning look overcame his face as he reached down into steve's bag for pencil, but instead pulled out a bag full of pills.

"what the fuck?" billy muttered, growing angrier by the second.

steve walked back in, holding his text book and skimming over the pages.

"did you know that we have an essay on pa-"

billy cut him off, "what the fuck is this?" "am i not good enough for you, you gotta have drugs to make you feel better?"

steve dropped his book and quickly attempted to grab the plastic bag from billy, but since he was slightly taller than steve, he struggled and failed to get the bag.

billy pushed steve's chest angrily, "what?" "is that the best you can do, pretty boy?"

steve felt a weight of emotions and agitation wash over him, "is this really necessary, billy?"

"god, you really are just a selfish, fucking little bitch" "bet you wouldn't want to mess up your hair, right?" billy veered closer to steve's face. "you embarrassed someone's gonna see you with someone like me?"

neither of them noticed, but the lights had flickered above them.

"you're pissing me off" he clenched his jaw, glaring up at the blonde.

"why don't you use your anger then, hit me" "fucking hit me" he glared.

steve snapped and swung at billy, before he caught his wrists, pinning him against the gym wall.

"nice moves, harrington" he said sarcastically with a smirk.

"g-get off of me"

"you still panting?" billy laughed, "why the fuck do you need drugs to keep you happy?"

"because" "everything happened so fast, and when you went missing everything hurt!" "i didn't know how to deal with it, i didn't know how to deal with my parents finding out that i'm seeing the infamous beautiful, leather-jacket bad boy, of the town" "i didn't know how to deal with my friends leaving me behind" "and i most certainly didn't know how to deal with the upside down"

billy stared at him, making him wonder why they were even fighting at all.

"i'm not sorry for this" billy pushed his weight against steve.

he roughly kissed steve as they stumbled their way to the locker room showers. steve grunted loudly as his bare back hit the cold tiles, causing billy to grin.

his lips quickly attached to steve's neck, "i want you to apologize to me, pretty boy"

"for what" he scowled

"you know what for, don't play me like that" billy trailed his fingertips over steve's neck and collarbones.

"fine, i'm sorry" "happy, now?" he rolled his eyes.

"no" billy held steve's wrists above his head, "you know what happens when you disobey me"

steve swallowed thickly, "i'm sorry, billy hargrove" "i promise to stop"

"mhm, that's more like it" he had released his grip on the brunette, getting out of the shower and wrapping a towel around his waist.

"but b-"

"no rewards until you're clean, princess" billy smirked.

steve pouted, before a loud crash came from the gym.

the two boys looked at one another, worry filling out their expressions. they quickly dressed themselves. unfortunately, any chance of a weapon was sitting out in the gym.

they both walked quietly and steadily, gapping at the sight that awaited them.

the gym was no longer the gym, the walls were cracked, crawling with vines, the air had shifted almost, it was darker and much harder to breathe.

there was little light, and seemed to be no one else around.

steve's breathing became more and more unsteady, "billy" he whispered.

beads of anxiety appeared on his face as he gripped billy's arm. "steve, what's wr-" "oh shit"