8 | Faded To Sade

"Didn't notice that the sun up, we must have fell asleep to Sade
You give me a fever, I've been catching feelings I'm having trouble erasing
So it's all up to you, girl, what's the point of playing cool?
All of us know, girl, you the shit, yeah, you the truth"
- Chris Brown

Bailey |

"Honey, I'm home!" Cam's voice echoed through the foyer as she made her way into the dining room with Essence behind her. They both look refreshed and I know it's due to the spa weekend they had.

"You two are right on time for breakfast. Then we're going to be driving down to Cambridge to look at houses." Just as I said that everyone else began trickling in.

"Jade, why are you walking like that?" Essence called attention to Jade's slight limp, bringing laughs out of just about everyone but my clueless ass.

"Are you okay? Did something happen?" I questioned, genuinely concerned for her.

"This dick happened." Ju spoke while kissing her cheek. My face immediately twisted in utter horror.

"Don't look so frightened, Bailey. You'll be walking the same way once Jerrell breaks you in." Jade assured me while taking a seat at the breakfast table.

"Um, no. I'm not hurting myself for sex."

"But it hurts so good, best friend." Cam sung out while wrapping her arms around me. I cringed and shrugged her arms off me.

"Y'all are so nasty. Can we eat?" Everyone burst out laughing and all I could do is shake my head while taking the seat next to Jerrell.

"How are you feeling today?" He questioned while digging in to his breakfast.

"Better. I was overthinking the situation. My focus should be on enjoying my first and probably only carefree and restriction free summer. Hopefully we can find a house today and that's all I should be stressing myself over right now." He licked over his lips and nodded his head.

"You shouldn't be stressing over anything. It's nothing to find a house. You just need to turn your overly high expectations down."

"We'll see how these houses look first. You just need to worry about paying the cost for what I want." Even if we don't form an intimate connection with each other I still expect him to provide for me the way my daddy does. I don't expect to live on another estate because all the extra space won't be needed, but I'm also not downsizing to a one or two bedroom situation.

"Oh I'm not even worried about that anymore. The check is coming straight from our joint account." I cut my eyes at him, bringing a loud laugh out of him. I couldn't help the smile that grew on my face as I turned to eat my food.

"Can we do girls in one car and guys in the other? We have things we need to discuss without y'all around." Cam spoke once everyone had finished eating.

"I'm driving the wagon." I spoke in reference to my Mercedes. I don't like being on the road for long periods of time, so I'm definitely driving to prevent anyone from making the trip even longer with slow driving.

"We'll take the range then. Everyone be ready to go in forty five minutes." Jerrell spoke up while standing up. I stood up as well and followed the girls upstairs.

"Just to confirm, we're dressing down right?" Cam questioned as we walked up the stairs.

"Honey, it's never considered dressing down when you look this good." Essence announced while twirling around. I waved her off and walked over to my room. Walking into my closet, I made my way over to the shelves and grabbed a pair of adidas track pants.