21 | Switch'd Up

"You hearin' rumors about me and now you panickin'
Knew I was wrong, but I justhatethe way youhandled it
Could've came to me andaddressed it like a real nigga
You set me up and now it's hard for me to deal with you"
- Tink

"You hearin' rumors about me and now you panickin' Knew I was wrong, but I just hate the way you handled it Could've came to me and addressed it like a real nigga You set me up and now it's hard for me to deal with you" - Tink

"That's the last box. Thank you." I spoke to the UPS guy while motioning to the last box of clothes that needs to be sent to California. He picked up the last box and walked out the door just as Cam's purple Mercedes CLA 250 pulled into the driveway. I grabbed my crossbody bag off the coat hook and stepped outside, locking the door behind me. I got in the passenger's seat of Cam's car and put my seatbelt on.

"What are you sending out?"

"Jerrell and everyone else's stuff back California. I've already put the house back on the market." I shrugged while popping a piece of gum in my mouth. As much as I love the house, I don't want a constant reminder of him everyday. I can't even sleep in my bed because it smells so much like him.

"Wait, so this breakup is serious? I thought you couldn't get a divorce in arranged marriages."

"We can't divorce, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to fake it. I gave it a fair shot and it didn't work, so now we're moving on. I feel like the love wasn't mutual. I don't really want to keep dwelling on it. Especially not with this whole orientation on my mind." Cam and I have a four hour orientation today and our first class starts tomorrow. I'm honestly just excited to have a distraction.

"I just know it's going to be boring. Matter of fact. Let's stop by Dutch Bros for a latte so I'm not in there nodding off." I laughed, agreeing with her. Cam is good for nodding off in class which is why we try to get all of our classes together so I can keep her alert.

"You still moving on campus?"

"Yes. I'm going to have a roommate too. The last thing I want to do is stay with a stranger. What if she doesn't clean up after herself or what if she's the type to bring random men around every other night? I'm scared, Bailey."

"You're so dramatic. We were strangers when we first became roommates." I stated to try and make her feel a bit better.

"We were like thirteen! That's different."

"And? It was plenty of weird bitches in the dorms. You remember Diana nasty ass?" We both glanced at each other and burst out laughing.

"Yeah I remember her ass. Talking about some she only takes showers every couple weeks to preserve water. Like sis do you not realize how much our parents are paying for us to go here. Go run that water up." She pulled through the drive thru of Dutch Bros and it didn't take us long to get our coffee.

"I love you, Cam." I spoke honestly while sipping on my drink. She's been the most consistent person in my life and as much as I want to open up and vent to her, I know I can't. Her knowing the truth can either strengthen or end our friendship and I'm not ready to take that gamble with the last person I have left in my corner.