30 | Summer

"We tried to hide in the hills
We watched the sky turn peach
Summer's light like, summer's night
It's like, Christ masterpiece
She taste like Corona Light, sweet
Even the lime gotta squeeze
She gave me a lil swig,
to chase behind my weed
If I can stay in her hair forever,
that'd be fine by me"
- Jay-Z

"We tried to hide in the hills We watched the sky turn peach Summer's light like, summer's night It's like, Christ masterpiece She taste like Corona Light, sweet Even the lime gotta squeeze She gave me a lil swig, to chase behind my weed If I can ...

O N E  Y E A R  L A T E R

"Watch your step, babe." I kept my hand on the small of Bailey's back as we made our way up the steps of our private jet. Today is our four year anniversary and we're on our way to Rome for three weeks. We haven't been on a trip that didn't involve work since the honeymoon we went on after our wedding last year. From the moment she moved to LA we've been working nonstop.

I took my phone out and began recording her walking to her favorite lounge chair on the jet. Her pillow and blanket in the same exact place she left it last time.

"Do you know what today is?" I sang, bringing a bright smile to her face.

"It's our anniversary!" She sung along, grabbing her blanket from the side of her chair. After announcing our rebranding as Rogers-Price Industries it's like business damn near tripled. Apparently, Ronald Rogers, wasn't a well liked man in the industry. So seeing someone other than him take over was a bonus. Added in with the fact that Bailey and I are married, family oriented, and heavily involved in charity only increased our value in the industry.

I flipped the camera to the front facing and sat across from Bailey. I slid out of my house slippers and moved one of my sock covered feet into her lap. One of her hands instinctively started massaging my ankle. I twisted my ankle a couple weeks ago after landing wrong on it while dunking on LJ during a game of basketball. My ankle isn't even bothering me anymore, but I'll keep faking it to get these massages from her.

"My wife and I have officially been together for four years." I spoke into my phone since I was still on live and even at four in the morning I still have close to six thousand viewers and counting. "I can't even begin to explain the impact that she's made in my life. I love this woman with everything in me, and I just wanted to get on here and say that before we disappear to celebrate." I looked at the comments deciding to answer a couple of them before ending the video.

"Do you want a bottle of water?" Bailey whispered to me while moving my foot out of her lap. I nodded my head, not turning away from the comments.

"Nah she's not from Cali. Bailey and I met during my first trip to the East Coast. She had just came home for the summer from her boarding school in the UK. I was out there with my dad for a business meeting he was having with her dad. We met, spent everyday that summer together. Got married, went to Bali for a honeymoon with the gang, and here we are four years later." Bailey walked over with a bottle of water in her hand and I grabbed her arm, pulling her into my lap. She looked at my phone, squinting her eyes to read the comments.