16 | Loyalty

"Tell me who you loyal to
Do it start with your woman or your man?
Do it end with your family and friends?
Are you loyal to yourself in advance?
I said, tell me who you loyal to
Is it anybody that you would lie for?
Anybody you would slide for?
Anybody you would die for?"
- Rihanna & Kendrick Lamar

"Tell me who you loyal to Do it start with your woman or your man? Do it end with your family and friends? Are you loyal to yourself in advance? I said, tell me who you loyal to Is it anybody that you would lie for? Anybody you would slide for? An...

"I miss you so damn much. Aren't you about finished with your work?" Jerrell questioned over the phone as I made my way towards my dorm. It's been a couple months since I been back to school and I'm still trying to decide what I'm going to do for thanksgiving.

Only thing is that thanksgiving is an American holiday, so it's not like I'll get any time off for it. Here in the UK we have a traditional Harvest Festival, but that usually occurs on a Sunday. Jerrell wants to celebrate Thanksgiving, but I don't want to miss any time from school since it'll throw off my graduation timeline.

"I miss you too, and I actually just have a paper that I have to finish up. I'm going to take a shower and do my night routine after I get off the phone with you and I'll either finish up the paper tonight or in the morning before my first class." I told Jerrell while putting my phone into my bag and fishing out my key to unlock my dorm. Cam is going to a party tonight so she'll likely be out all night. I adjusted the AirPod in my ear and opened the door.

"Do it in the morning. I don't want you up all night and then tired in the morning in your classes."

"You're jus- what are you doing here?" My eyes narrowed in on the figure sitting on my bed with a gun sitting in his lap. He picked it up with a smirk while twisting a silencer on it.

"Who the fuck is in your shit, Bailey?" Jerrell's voice boomed in my ear.

"I'm here to do what my son failed to do. You must have something good in between your legs to have my son disobeying a direct order from me. Maybe I'll try some of it out before I kill you." He held up the gun, immediately firing a shot at my left shoulder.

"Shit! Jerrell!" I hissed, my body immediately collapsing down to the floor from the impact.

"I'm sending someone up to you right now!" Jerrell's voice yelled into my ear, but at this point I don't know if he's apart of this or not. How does he even have someone to send up? I tried my best to slide off my charm bracelet since it's the only thing I can use as a weapon right now to protect myself.

"You're calling out for my son like he isn't in on this. He doesn't give a fuck about your young ass past the free pussy and money that you're giving him. Hell, you probably have that same good shit your mama have. Turn your ass over bitch!"