Chp.18 "Hard knock life"

Hey guys! Im back & better. Yes its been a long time but I promise im going in! Let get in to it.🤞🏾PLEASE read back if you have too! I know its alot of characters but with me updating often now it wont be hard to remember again! 💜

*Khalia's  p.o.v* -Flash Back-

Its around 3 am and of course my mother has my "uncle jermaine" over. They always make funny noises. I mean he's not the only one here either. Theres always people here.

My mom acts like I dont have school tomorrow. I mean, im only 11. But Im reading at a High-school level and im mature. That says alot if you ask me.

Khalia walked downstairs into a war zone. There were drugs everywhere and men also. She saw a few ladies laid out on the floor in nothing but thongs and heels. She thought it was disgusting but had no choice but to live it. To her thats everyday life.

She finally made it into the fridge and of course there was nothing for her and her baby brother Khadeem to eat. Khalia knew what she had to do but HATED it. She didnt like stealing, but she didnt want her baby brother to starve.

Khalia grabbed a pair of beat up sneakers from her bedroom and put a huge back pack on. She told Khadeem to stay put until she got back. With him being in his terrible 2's , he got up and whined for her. Khalia just kept pushing down the steps and out the door.

She entered the 24 hour corner store around 3:27 am. The guy at the counter was too busy into his phone to realize a child that looks like she needs tremendous help has just walked in. She grabbed whatever she could and shoved it into the huge back pack. As she crept out the side door that inventory comes through she ran all the way home.

She entered her room too Khadeem being sleep and eventually she drifted away to.

About an hour later, she felt a big husky hand rubbing her thigh. Khalia's doe eyes popped open as Uncle Jermaine told her hush.....

*Narrator's p.o.v* again.. -Flashback-

Deadra baby !? Time for school! A sweet voice shouted behind her door. Deadra rolled out of bed and staggered into her personal bathroom from being tired. She was a sophomore almost a Jr in High School and she loved it.

She was one of the popular girls at school and everyone knew it. With her mom and dad being successful black realtors in Atlanta..her upbringing was nothing but the best.

Deadra got dressed and pushed her way downstairs. She greeted her parents, ate breakfast and was off to school...Allegedly.

Instead of going straight to school, Deadra stopped at a local store to pick up some roll ups for some weed. See to Deadras parents she was a sweet innocent girl. But Deadra was double sided. She loved being in the more Hood parts of her city and feeling homie. Even though she never lived in a Urban city before, she didnt want her coming from money background make her feel as if she wasnt "Black enough".

When she pulled up to the store in her customized range rover, the local corner drug dealers/gang members awed in impression. One dealer caught her attention though. He was handsome. Nice dark-skin, very smooth skin, a healthy black beard..& waves that would catch anyones eyes.

While everyone damn near fell over Deadra ,trying to get her attention. Rashad didnt...he fell back and observed. And to Deadra ...that was very interesting. Little did she know, Rashad wasnt all caked up to be as promised...

*Khalia's p.o.v*

I woke up to someone flashing a light in my face.

Ma'am? Ma'am..are you okay? ...The doctor questioned me as I started to realize where I was.

She better be okay, shit...My girl need to push through.. Jackie said as she rocked her foot in the small chair..

I let out a small chuckle...before falling back into a slumber..

OKAY guys! 💕 This is just a little flash back. To be more intertwined with the characters to get to know them more. I honestly like when books do this. I feel like its giving you a better understanding as to how there adult life came into play!

10 votes & 10 comments for another update! 📸
Please vote and comment! It keeps me motivated too keep giving out content 🥰

-Lets connect! Let me know you are from wattpad❤️ Im an Artist from NYC so we can connect for a collab.

IG@Dippedinmakeup_
SC@Perfectly_plain

Peace&blessings babes 💕❤️