One- My New Life and I

SEQUEL to Broken Together! Thanks for 20k reads on that book and all the feedback asking for this one!

Go check out the first book of this 'series' if you haven't:))

In the midst of Percy Jackson's new life as an Olympian with his new wife, Calypso, Percy is beginning to become (grudgingly) accustomed to immortality. He struggles with his memories, and his constant struggle with his ex- Annabeth Chase. Despite his overwhelming love for Calypso, there are many unaddressed feelings between Annabeth and him. Bored with his every day immortal life, Percy begins to feel tempted by mortal women, desperate to feel and experience something new. While he is attempting to sort all his new emotions and life out, under his nose, a rebellion is happening in his own students. Will Percy and Calypso and Annabeth band together to save Olympus, or will the Olympians all fade?

Percy

It had been a long time.
Okay, it had been 5 years.

For me, not used to the whole immortal thing, that was a lot.

"Perseus," called a voice from another room of my undersea palace. That, would be my wife: Calypso, daughter of Atlas. "You had an IM. Chiron needs you, whenever you can get back to him."

Being my domain was tides, heroes, loyalty and swordsmanship, it was no surprise that my palace was built beneath the waters of the Long Island Sound, within the realm of Camp Half-Blood, where I often worked with campers. Now, they had constructed me my own cabin, though I had no mortal offspring yet, and didn't plan on starting any time soon.

"Alright," I called back. I was wearing a Greek toga. Believe it or not, they were comfortable. Gold plated bracelets were on my wrists, and sandals were on my feet. A sea green sash hung across my chest.

My hair was slightly longer, and my build slightly bigger, but other than that, I looked just like the teenage kid who had accidentally awoken Gaea with a nosebleed. When I went to help the campers, I took on a more casual modern look. I wore an orange Camp Half-Blood shirt (for old times sakes, right?) khaki shorts, and light armor.

"Are you heading there now?" Calypso asked, coming around the corner into the entry hall of my palace. She wore a loose white Greek dress, her auburn hair braided, and pearly and gold Greek jewelry.

Giant columns soared to a domed glass and quartz ceiling, and a sea green rug ran all the way from the gaping doorway to the end of the room.

"Yes," I said. I snapped my fingers and changed into my camp shirt and shorts.

"Alright," Calypso said, approaching me and kissing me. "I'm going to the garden."

I nodded in response, taking her hands and then parting ways. Though I can teleport virtually anywhere, I usually walk the distance from my palace to Camp Half-Blood. Walking through the ocean and talking with the fish and others keep me updated on all the talkings of Olympus.

I began walking out, through the palace gardens, past a group of Mermaids and to the side of the mid ocean ridge I live in. I began swimming up, until I reached the top, and began walking out into the sea. Overhead, schools of fish swam around, talking amongst themselves.

A clown fish swam past me and dipped his fin respectfully. "Lord," he said.

I nodded at him politely, and continued my trek. Emerging from the surf, I was met by Thalia. She shot an arrow in my direction, which whizzed past my ear, missing me by a quarter of an inch. "Walking, you loser? You broke."

I grinned. "Keeps me young."

"You- you young?" Thalia burst out laughing. "Gosh Percy, you're such a sentimental dork."

"Love you too, Thals," I said. "Hey, why are you here?"

Thalia rolled her eyes. "Artemis has some business. I figured you would know."

"I don't, unfortunately. I live under a rock." I said.

Thalia rolled her eyes and laughed. "You're punny."

I flashed her a grin. "Under a rock, and under the sea." Cue the Disney music.

"If you ever repeat that again, I'm gonna lose it," she said. "Patrick Star."

"Hey now," I said. "That's offensive to any marine life form."

"Alright, alright, whatever," Thalia said. "I was waiting for you to meet with Chiron."

"Did you spear one of my fish?" I asked, noticing the array of random arrows sticking up from the sand in the surf.

Thalia shrugged. "I'm not shooting too good today."

"If you shoot one of my fish Thalia." I warned.

"Of course not, Lord Perseus." She said.

We began walking towards the dunes and towards camp. "How's you and Calypso?"

"Good," I replied contently.

"Nothing fishy going on?" Called a voice. Leo.

Thalia pulled out another arrow in a flash and sent it into the direction of his voice. Ducking, it narrowly missed him and landed in the dust behind him. "Woah there Thalia, don't forget I'm mortal."

"She's a little trigger happy," I decided. "Or...finger happy? Pully happy? How would you say that?"

"I'm just playing, you dorks," Thalia said. "You of all people, Valdez. Take a joke."

"Did you get possessed by a spirit of Ares?" Leo said. "You're a little more violent than usual."

We all rolled our eyes and laughed all the way to the Big House.

Hope you guys enjoyed the (somewhat short) first part of the new sequel! I'll be updating daily, however keep in mind I'm also updating my other books. If you want to check them out, the ones I'm most frequently updating are:

Percy Jackson EU: the Mission at Goode
Rebuilding from Tartarus
Percabeth at Goode

Thank you so much for 20k reads on the last book!